** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: South Africa vs India - Test Series

kevshat

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs India - Test Series 1.5pts - Harbhajan Singh Top India Bowler (1st Inns Only) @ 11/4 WillHill I wanted this as a Top Match Bowler market but nowhere seems to do it :( Everything I read about this test points towards how the pitch will provide some ridiculous Tennis-Ball bounce and will suit the likes of Dale Steyn & Morne Morkel. Whilst that will more than likely come true and see Dale Steyn continue his ridiculously impressive form, I think it will play into Harbhajan's court beautifully allowing his off-break to bounce unexpectedly and cause more problems than normal. Spin doesn't have a brilliant record here but Paul Harris recently got a 9 wickets in the match against the Aussies not too long ago at this ground and I don't particularly rate that guy as a front-line spinner. I do Harbhajan though so hopefully he can step up do the business. 5pts South Africa 1st Innings Lead (-9.5runs) @ EVS Totesport India have only topped 280 runs 6 times in their History as a Test Playing nation in South African territory. Despite them doing very well in Durban last time out, I am still n entirely convinced that they've mastered these pitches. Steyn is the best bowler in the world at the moment by a long way and he has a massive 33 wickets at Newlands in only 6 Test matches. His record here and current form is a madness. Tsotsobe started chipping in with wickets in the last match too and I fancy SA to come out with real intent in this match. This market on Sportingbet is priced riciulously at 9/10 with SA (-43.5 runs handicap) so take this on Tote whilst still can.

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs India - Test Series A quick one from me... 5 points Sachin Tendulkar to score over 36.5 Runs @ 1.83 Coral With India currently on 40/2 after I think Sachin will stand strong and put in a good score. He got a good century in the last test so hes in a bit of form and im backing him to put at least 37 runs on the board today.

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs India - Test Series

A quick one from me... 5 points Sachin Tendulkar to score over 36.5 Runs @ 1.83 Coral With India currently on 40/2 after I think Sachin will stand strong and put in a good score. He got a good century in the last test so hes in a bit of form and im backing him to put at least 37 runs on the board today.
Nice call ani...:clap

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs India - Test Series India took the 1st Innings lead by two runs & Sreesanth took a five-for all but ending Harbhajans hopes of getting wickets. I had De Villiers and Sharma on the outrights which also aren't going to come in so despite only paper-trailing, horrible test series tipping-wise. Couldn't call a winner at this stage either in this match. Nice shout ani and good luck to any other punters with bets outstanding.

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs India - Test Series

1.5pts - Harbhajan Singh Top India Bowler (1st Inns Only) @ 11/4 WillHill I wanted this as a Top Match Bowler market but nowhere seems to do it :( Everything I read about this test points towards how the pitch will provide some ridiculous Tennis-Ball bounce and will suit the likes of Dale Steyn & Morne Morkel. Whilst that will more than likely come true and see Dale Steyn continue his ridiculously impressive form, I think it will play into Harbhajan's court beautifully allowing his off-break to bounce unexpectedly and cause more problems than normal. Spin doesn't have a brilliant record here but Paul Harris recently got a 9 wickets in the match against the Aussies not too long ago at this ground and I don't particularly rate that guy as a front-line spinner. I do Harbhajan though so hopefully he can step up do the business.
How annoying. I KNEW this pitch would favour Harbhajan and would've taken him as Top Indian Match Bowler all day long. First innings, takes one wicket. Second innings... :wall

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs India - Test Series Ended in a disappointing series for me in terms of result of -3.9pts overall. Couldn't get a feel for the 3rd test which didn't help either. That Harbhajan run out in the 1st innings of the series cost me a bumper payout and Zaheer was unlucky not to land the top bowler bet in the 2nd innings so on another day it could have been +30 and beyond. -3.9 isn't the end of the world though particularly when it came alongside a very solid Ashes series. Have to say, despite the narrow loss that was a test series I thoroughly enjoyed. If only all series were at least 3 matches long.

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs India - Test Series A bad series for me also ending -10.5pts however I'm not too disappointed with my selections. Both outrights were in with a chance coming into the final test but others took the initiative. Also the India match bet was looking rosy until Kallis took India out of the game. Hopefully I can pull things back in the limited over games. Still, like Kev, I thoroughly enjoyed the series and some of the perormances from Steyn, Kallis and Tendulkar were of the highest level.