** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Profitable Betting

protop

Profitable Betting  

1. 1.

Re: Profitable Betting Hello all, I'm new here and fairly new to betting really and not sure if replying to this thread is the right place to start but I have a question in relation to making money from betting, particularly horse racing. If its in the wrong place or if you feel I'm hijacking the thread I apologise. Can one make a steady enough income from betting? I'm not looking for a get rich quick kind of thing as I think this depends a lot on luck and how much you are prepared to bet/lose. I believe that for the most part betting is a mugs game, this is because if everyone made money the bookies would close down, and that there may be a small few like yourselves that make money from it. I also think that there would be little business for bookies if people saw no chance of winning so I'm convinced that it can be done to some extent. I have tried a few different ways of picking/betting on horses but have not been successful and had pretty much given up on the idea until I came up with one final way of picking horses and betting on them (not going into it at the moment other than its simple and based on favs, came up with it myself but pretty sure its nothing new) that I am willing to try that should be successful. I suppose I'm looking for a bit of encouragement to give it one last go. Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed, thanks

Re: Profitable Betting i'm good in betting...and always i'm in profit, but i do not make a living of that. Yes! i have some secret systems that i utilize, and i never share with nobody. last week i made 832 euros profit from a 5 euros bet.:puke

Re: Profitable Betting

Yes! i have some secret systems that i utilize' date=' and i never share with nobody.[/quote'] If you are not prepared to share your "secret" systems, then what are you doing making any comment on this forum ?....... you are always very quick to put down those of us who do share our systems :\ http://forum.punterslounge.com/f21/after-all-these-years-creating-your-systems-115761/

Can one make a steady enough income from betting? I'm not looking for a get rich quick kind of thing as I think this depends a lot on luck and how much you are prepared to bet/lose.
Stop believing in 'luck' and things like the 'tooth fairy'. Thinking like that will only get you in the wrong mindset. It's a numbers game.

If you are not prepared to share your "secret" systems' date= then what are you doing making any comment on this forum ?....... you are always very quick to put down those of us who do share our systems :\ http://forum.punterslounge.com/f21/after-all-these-years-creating-your-systems-115761/
i never share these systems because they are very profitable, and very sensitive too. they result for me, because i explore the loophole i discover with odds. if many people use the same betting way, the bookmakers can change the way that they present them (the odds). so for the moment i'm happy profitiing a lot!!!!!

First of all if you were making decent money from your betting' date=' you would have your bets severely restricted by the bookmakers, that means you would have to eventually move onto the exchanges. [/quote']I find there's enough bookmakers out there who will take large enough bets, even with many non major leagues. Pinnacle for example welcome the bets placed by 'sharp' punters as a way of honing correct price in time for the swarm of later punters, although early limits can be low for minor leagues.

That made me chuckle. It would be great if all the 'best tipsters' were on here! It is almost an automatic response from some mods, I don’t know if they are programmed to say this or if they really believe it ;) The truth is that some paid tipping services are good, but most are bad. I think the same is probably true of ‘tipsters’ on PL. This is natural because it is very difficult to make significant profit from betting in the long term.
:lol :clap. Yes it could be such an interesting topic of conservation that, if anything, would further enhance PL as the place to be if looking for 'The World's Best Betting Forum'. I don't know if it is meant that way but it usually just sounds like, "don't discuss the topic or we'll shut the dam thread down".