** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11

kevshat

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11

3pts Day 5 Session 1 Runs - Over 96 11/10 Stan James 2 and a quarter hour session 1st up so we should be looking at around 32 overs at least in this session. There's nothing to stop England scoring this morning. The wicket still looks good and the ball is wearing old now. England will dig in for maybe the opening hour but as the draw becomes more secure we'll get more expansive and look to put them in. Cook's looking ultra good and even a wicket to fall wouldn't be a disaster with Pietersen a naturally quick scorer next in. Big ground, tired bowlers, lots of gaps and for me it'll equal more than 96 runs in this opening session.
This is going to come in comfortably. Good shout :ok

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3pts Day 5 Session 1 Runs - Over 96 11/10 Stan James 2 and a quarter hour session 1st up so we should be looking at around 32 overs at least in this session. There's nothing to stop England scoring this morning. The wicket still looks good and the ball is wearing old now. England will dig in for maybe the opening hour but as the draw becomes more secure we'll get more expansive and look to put them in. Cook's looking ultra good and even a wicket to fall wouldn't be a disaster with Pietersen a naturally quick scorer next in. Big ground, tired bowlers, lots of gaps and for me it'll equal more than 96 runs in this opening session.
In safely with 33 minutes of the session remaining :loon.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 This match is going to end in a Draw so I am going to bed. Every single thing that I have called and posted on in this First Test has come in, however I have only placed money on 1 thing. Suppose its not necessarily a bad thing though. I had 2pts on England DNB before the match started so that stake should come back in too. Alastair Cook to score 200 or More @ 2.10 - This was comfortable and was a fxckin good price too. :) Jonathon Trott to score Over 116.5 @ 2.20 - He has looked in very good nick this morning so that should follow soon. Well done to any profit returners this past week. :clap Bring on next friday!

3pts A.Cook's Series Runs - Over 291.5 5/6 William Hill This line looks very low in comparison to the other 3 openers in the series. Whether that's because of the belief Cook is under pressure or not I'm not sure but I think his place is very safe in this side now, especially with the next opener on the rank, Michael Carberry, not able to be in Australia through injury. I'm a big Cook fan and I think he'll go well in this series. There is nothing at all in this Australia bowling attack he needs to fear and the pace and bounce of the wickets in Australia will suit him perfectly. Unlike Katich, if Cook was to score a ton in this series, he will be able to get up to this line through bits and pieces scores. I expect Cook to score heavier than that though which means I see him clearing this total.
Did they mean series? :rollin 10 runs left as I type Great call sir :notworthy

One for the last day. 2pts England 2nd Innings Total OVER 469.5 runs 5/6 Bet365 England are going good at the moment with bat with a good partenership under way which should settle both at the crease. England have 9 wickets to get 160 runs is the way im looking at it which is quite low in my opinion. England have a lengthy batting line up and will be looking to bat nicely until tea at a guess. Aussie bowling is not good at the moment and have wasted the new ball which plays more into my favour for England to surpass this pretty lowish total on offer.
Was really never in doubt :clap 2 out of 3 for me for the first test which puts me in nice profit going to the second. Some cracking picks coming. Let's keep it up!:ok

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 I've continued my success on the Ashes. Yesterday for some reason when Australia were 94/3 at Lunch, Bet365 were doing Australia to score Under 373.5 Runs @ 3.00! I went in with 8 units. Comfortably came in. I also backed Michael Clarke to Score Under 52.5 Runs @ 1.61. He went two balls later to Anderson :eyes Will update later with my bets for this evening. I think England will ensure they get a big First Innings lead so will be looking at England to make big runs.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 The temperature out there has reached 36 degrees. its fxcking hot out there and this is looking like its getting worse and worse for the Australian team. I was just watching Bollinger walk back from his last ball and he looked like he wanted to pass out. Unless one of these two make a serious, serious mistake sometime soon, I expect these to maybe both hit centuries. About twenty minutes ago, I got on Cook to Score Over 87.5 @ 1.61 and as it stands, it looks like a decent shout. I have a massive feeling that Pieterson is due a monster innings soon and this looks like a great chance for him to do the business when he comes in next. I'd be looking at Pieterson to score a 50 and a Century very early on when he comes in. Harris and Bollinger haven't really looked that threatening since the first couple of overs and Watson has been god awful. England looking good here.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Cook to Score Over 87.5 @ 1.61 :D Wickets lost for 150 Runs (England, 1st Inns) - Under2.5 @ 2.00 :D Also went on very small stakes on Pieterson to Score Over 61.5 @ 2.10. I touched on it earlier, he's due a big innings and personally think he'll relish this flat wicket and toiling bowlers. He's been waiting an awful long time to get out in the middle and this is a perfect opportunity for him to silence any long lasting critics and get some runs on the board.

It was a shame PL was down as I've had a nice test after losing on the 1st, I did put my picks on SP but obviously the actual forum was down. Shame they can't go onto my running total for the thread! fsdf.jpg
Fabulous stuff Dan!!! Quite inspired tipping. :clap:ok As for P/L, great shame about the site going down as your figures would have taken a great boost :sad

It was a shame PL was down as I've had a nice test after losing on the 1st, I did put my picks on SP but obviously the actual forum was down. Shame they can't go onto my running total for the thread! fsdf.jpg
If the site was down... But you posted on sports-punter... Which is a sister site of punterslounge... Then it should count towards your total. RussP has included bets placed during the 'down' in his running total in the snooker thread. Other than a good boast! Your running total only serves to guide people in how confident they should be in your picks and judging by yesterday they should be pretty confident!!

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Right have been thinking about taking this bet all day and im going for it. 6 points England to score over 560.5 Runs @ 1.83 Bet365 Right one thing that could ruin me in this bet if if England declare but i honestly don't think England will want to bat again in this test so they will try and get a big lead and a lead of 316 is'nt beyond England. England would need another 244 runs with 8 wickets in hand with both Alistar Cook and Kevin Pieterson in. I wouldnt be suprised to see Cook get another 200, even though he must be physically tired for batting for so long, hes young and hes fit and the adrenaline will take him through. Then we have Kevin Pieterson whos on 85, he must be itching to get a big score and prove all the critics wrong, and i have a sneaky feeling he'll do just that. After that we have Paul Collingwood, Ian Bell & Matt Prior to come, all three are capable of getting a big score.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 6 points England to score over 560.5 Runs @ 1.83 Bet365 Not saying this wont happen, but there are a few variables (new ball, declaration, Aussies bowling tight line which will restrict scoring (240 in a day is easily doable but its above average) in play that could ruin this. @1.83 I dont see value. That said, if they lose no wickets in the first 15 overs then its likely to get there with ease.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 2pts K.Pietersen 1st Innings Runs - Between 110-160 @ 7/4 Bet365 Seems a logical bet this, Pietersen on 85 not out so will look to get his 100 and then kick on, I don't expect him to rush to the 100 and take risks because its a 100 he needs. After that will see more attacking shots and more chance of him getting out playing the big shots. 110-160 looks fair enough at 7/4.

I know their attack is awful mate but asking us to score 600 in a day is pushing it a bit :loon ;).
I knew someone would say that. Worded it wrong :lol Blame the drink:beer Just wrote up a huge write up on the over 560.5 at bet365 but PL went down again! Luckily others are on this too so i feel most of it as been said anyway. Big one for me for this.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 2.5pts - Wickets Lost After 400 runs / Under 3.5 @ 1.61 Not that much reasoning needed here. I expect England to continue with their progress today and push on, ensuring all batsmen get time at the crease and to psychologically frustrate Australia as much as possible. Only 75 runs needed for this to happen and two partnerships to do it. Expect that to be done near enough in this partnership alone. I also got on Spooner's tip. Saw it abit late though so got Pietersen Runs / 120-170 @ 2.87. GL all :hope

I didn't think aftertiming was allowed on this forum :unsure.
It's not! But depends who you are referring to, Spooner is saying he posted his picks on Sports-punter.com because this site was down for a few days... Therefore he can prove his picks were posted before the event went off. However I have my doubts about some other posts being written in the past tense! Although I've not been bothered to check timings with event timings....

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Pietersen is playing majestically at the moment. I'm hoping to god the figure of 158 scares the fxck out of him again or he gives his wicket away before 170 but unfortunately I really cant see it happening. Collingwood looks good too. Really tough times ahead for Australia man Doherty is bowling awfully.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 A session bet for me for the afternoon session. 4pts Day 3 Session 2 Runs - Over 122.5 17/20 William Hill England begin this session on 449/3 on a pitch which is showing nothing for the quick bowlers who look a tired lot. Ricky Ponting's body language is that of a man who knows his attack isn't even 20% good enough, particularly on a good wicket like this. Kevin Pietersen is really filling his boots and Paul Collingwood has serenely gone on to 40. Both players can flick the switch to really attack and when the do that runs will come quickly here. I'd expect England from here to look to pick up the pace a little bit to set up a declaration not long after tea. If we can possibly get up to a 350-400 lead then that restricts the possibility of Australia making us bat again. England scored 132 runs in the 1st session without really playing a risky shot. They scored lots of boundaries but that was courtesy of poor bowling, a trait I would expect to continue here in this session. The wicket is turning now but when Doherty's the main spinner that isn't going to be an issue for this England side. Wickets may fall in this session but I'm certain runs will come too so I'm happy to be on over 122.5 runs in this session.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 That session bet is a bit touch and go because for some reason England haven't played a shot in anger in this session. One more when England come to bowl. 4pts G.Swann Top England 2nd Inns Bowler 11/8 Blue Square Graeme Swann is already odds on with the other two firms who are offering this market and it's not hard to see why. Generally spinners come into their own in the 2nd innings here and I fully expect Swann to be our biggest danger, especially against a batting lineup which doesn't play spin brilliantly. We've seen Marcus North turn the ball right past the right handers of which Australia have 3 in their top 4 but when the left handers come in Swann's eyes really light up. But for Anderson's early burst in the 1st innings Swann would have won this market then. There will be some indifferent bounce around for the quicks but a lot of that which we've seen so far has been wide of the off stump. With the heat and humidity Swann will get through lots of work so that we can rotate the seamers so at 11/8 I'm happy to take the Nottinghamshire off spinner to take the most wickets when England bowl 2nd time around.