** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11

kevshat

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 A first session bet of the series for me heading into this afternoon session. 3pts Day 2 Session 2 Runs - Under 88 11/10 Stan James This line looks quite high. So far in the match the only session which has had more runs than this was the evening session on day 1 when England were throwing the bat. The morning session on day 2 only yielded 71 runs and that was despite Australia only losing 1 wicket in the session. Ok there were a couple of reviews but even so, 71 runs is a bit low. But that's credit to the England bowlers who have bowled a tight line and not really given the Aussies any width to get stuck into. Ponting is looking a bit scratchy at the crease and given the form and fitness of the next 3 I don't expect them to push a run rate forward very quickly. Even in form, none of them are ultra quick scorers. Graeme Swann will probably have a bigger role to play in this session but the ball is still doing enough when it's pitched up to keep the batsmen honest. Australia begin this 2nd session on 96/1 but I'll take them to score less than 88 in this middle session of day 2.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 +1.20pts with 8pts in play, one more for going into Day 3. 1st Test, Day 3 3pts 6th wicket to fall before 88th Over @ 6/4 Bet365 Australia currently 220/5 after 80 overs so will need a wicket in the first 7 overs here, I think there is a pretty good chance of that happening with the new ball in play. These two have built a nice partnership but they'll have to get in again and the English bowlers found a nice line at times, hopefully with the new ball they should do a bit and the wicket comes.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 I'm not going to bet on this will realy money but if I was, I might consider backing: Runs in First 85 Overs - Under 233.5 @ 5/6 The current score in this match is 220/5 after 80 overs. For this bet to win, Australia have to score under 14 runs in five overs (30 balls). England will have the new ball in in the morning session tomorow morning and I am 100% sure that Strauss will be telling Anderson and Broad to keep it tight and find their lines early. Hussey and Haddin in at the moment will definitely not go after the ball in the early stages of the match as this partnership is very important for them to obtain a first innings lead. I think they'll be happy with scoring hardly any runs and just ensuring theyre there after the first hour. Preventing Australia getting a big lead is important for England and I think restricting runs is key. Thats just what they'll do in the First 5 overs.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11

+1.20pts with 8pts in play, one more for going into Day 3. 1st Test, Day 3 3pts 6th wicket to fall before 88th Over @ 6/4 Bet365 Australia currently 220/5 after 80 overs so will need a wicket in the first 7 overs here, I think there is a pretty good chance of that happening with the new ball in play. These two have built a nice partnership but they'll have to get in again and the English bowlers found a nice line at times, hopefully with the new ball they should do a bit and the wicket comes.
Unlucky on the Katich bet!

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Yeah that was pretty harsh and he could of been run out by Cook, also that would of brought the wicket before 50 runs bet in, hopefully even itself out over the series normally does. Profit was still made with no century scored so not all bad. :ok

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 +4.7pts in running for me now. Little bit unlucky with the both to bat bet yesterday. Was only 1 wicket away from being into the lower order and of course the day was curtailed by 17 overs. Time to get stuck into England now though. 3pts England to win 1st Test 16/5 Boylesports I don't think England are in too bad a position in this opening test. We've got a 40 run lead which we can eat into with the new ball and with the early start on Saturday, both of which are in our favour. One other thing that's in our favour is Australia having to bat last on this wicket. It's definitely not going to get any easier to bat on the longer this match goes that's for sure. The bounce will be a bit more uneven and the turn may be a lot more threatening. England might end up conceding a 50 run lead in the 1st innings but if we take Siddle's hat trick out of play then we'd be almost level with Australia I'd say. He's highly unlikely to take a hat trick again in the 2nd innings. I think on the whole top order has looked in better touch than Australia's. Ponting and Clarke looked awful, North is now under huge pressure and Watson looked like he was there for the taking long before we snaffled him. With the pressure of a run chase in the 4th innings you'd think those four will only look worse. I'm confident enough that England can restrict Australia in the 1st innings and put up 300+ themselves and then the likes of Finn and Broad can get stuck in second time around. England to win for me at a huge price when I don't think we're too far behind at all.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Im going for one tonight.. 4 points A 6 to be hit on Day 3 @ 1.9 Sportingbet Once a wicket falls the tail will be exposed for the Aussies and im sure one of them will go after Swann and try and hit one out of the ground to accumulate more runs for the Aussies. We also have Micheal Hussey whos already hit Swann for a 6 over long on. Also If Hussey falls early, Haddin might just start going for it.

I'm not going to bet on this will realy money but if I was, I might consider backing: Runs in First 85 Overs - Under 233.5 @ 5/6 The current score in this match is 220/5 after 80 overs. For this bet to win, Australia have to score under 14 runs in five overs (30 balls). England will have the new ball in in the morning session tomorow morning and I am 100% sure that Strauss will be telling Anderson and Broad to keep it tight and find their lines early. Hussey and Haddin in at the moment will definitely not go after the ball in the early stages of the match as this partnership is very important for them to obtain a first innings lead. I think they'll be happy with scoring hardly any runs and just ensuring theyre there after the first hour. Preventing Australia getting a big lead is important for England and I think restricting runs is key. Thats just what they'll do in the First 5 overs.
Easy as pie. ;)

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Another in-play speculative bet for me. MEK Hussey Over 121.5 runs @ 1.83 Hussey is a class act and I think he's survived the spell where Anderson had him wrapped up like a f*cking Christmas present. He's well set on 91* now and I think as Anderson/Finnget tired, he'll push on past his century to a pretty big score. He wouldve been told to ensure you're there at the end of the innings and he's good enough to do just that. Haddin seems to be reverting back to his usual brash batting style now and I think Hussey will be the one to steady the ship whilst others fall around him.

Another in-play speculative bet for me. MEK Hussey Over 121.5 runs @ 1.83 Hussey is a class act and I think he's survived the spell where Anderson had him wrapped up like a f*cking Christmas present. He's well set on 91* now and I think as Anderson/Finnget tired, he'll push on past his century to a pretty big score. He wouldve been told to ensure you're there at the end of the innings and he's good enough to do just that. Haddin seems to be reverting back to his usual brash batting style now and I think Hussey will be the one to steady the ship whilst others fall around him.
Another one that would've come in had I placed money on it. Jeez, I know when I start I'm going to lose every single f*cking bet. No more until tomorow though. GL to anyone else who has money on todays play.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Not been watching any of it live but could not believe that the Convicts are Evens to win the 1st Test(cert, we will not be able to bat for 4/5 sessions) and win the Ashes back(Bet 365). Had £250 on it. Hope I am wrong but can't see it. Only the weather can save us.

Im going for one tonight.. 4 points A 6 to be hit on Day 3 @ 1.9 Sportingbet Once a wicket falls the tail will be exposed for the Aussies and im sure one of them will go after Swann and try and hit one out of the ground to accumulate more runs for the Aussies. We also have Micheal Hussey whos already hit Swann for a 6 over long on. Also If Hussey falls early, Haddin might just start going for it.
Bet won thanks to a 6 from Haddin to get to his 100. I'm thinking about the bets for tonight and the one I want to go for is Englands innings runs. Reading some of the articles on cricinfo, this caught , my eye.
Australia's next job is to grab 10 wickets and the breakthroughs won't come easily on a pitch that has flattened out. "I think it's going to be tough tomorrow, definitely," Hussey said. "There are some cracks opening up in some good areas for us, so we hope that can put some doubts in the batsmen's minds. "But we're under no illusions. It's going to be a good, hard day of Test cricket tomorrow. We're going to have to be very patient, very disciplined for long periods of time. I believe if we are, and hold our catches, we'll have a great chance."
Now after reading that I wouldnt hesitate at all to put money on England to get over 350+ runs but my head is telling me not to. As in the first innings, England could face a mini collapse and end up getting under 250. However I have faith in our top order. Struass will defintly make up for his duck in the first innings and Cook looked good for his 67. Trott and Pieterson both made starts with 29 & 43 and im sure they can build on that the 2nd time round. However instead of going for total innings runs i'm going to try and be a bit more cautious and go for this.. 6 points Wickets lost for 150 runs (England 2nd Innings) Under 3.5 @ 1.72 Bet365 Now this could go all t*ts up if England collapse early on but I have faith in Struass, Cook, Trott & Pieterson. We've already put on 19 runs allbeit from 15 overs @ 1.26 runs an over but that does not matter at all. Between 4 top class batsman im sure they can accumulate 150 runs before Collingwood has to come out.

6 points Wickets lost for 150 runs (England 2nd Innings) Under 3.5 @ 1.72 Bet365 Now this could go all t*ts up if England collapse early on but I have faith in Struass, Cook, Trott & Pieterson. We've already put on 19 runs allbeit from 15 overs @ 1.26 runs an over but that does not matter at all. Between 4 top class batsman im sure they can accumulate 150 runs before Collingwood has to come out.
I like that bet and will stake 5pts on it myself. Nothing else really stands out for me and the lines on Strauss and Cooks runs are abit too short imo. One thing I am slightly leaning towards though is.. Runs after 20 Overs. Over 30.5 @ 1.83 At the moment the score is 19/0 after 15overs and England only really need 11 runs from 30 balls for this bet to come in. Yes, England scored extremely slowly yesterday and yes Cook and Strauss will want to keep their wicket intact but 11 runs from 30 balls is very achievable. I expect Siddle and Hilfenhaus to bowl a few looseners early on and anything at a short and wide I expect will be cut away by Cook and Strauss with minimal effort. It's a small hunch for me and I am willing to back it.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 There is a fairly safe bet early on that could pay off, it goes against my nature in backing against England but.... The Aussies have drifted from 1.4 to 1.5 over the last 5-6 hours, for the first session I dont see them drifitng too much more even if England post 85-0. Little downside imho.

I like that bet and will stake 5pts on it myself. Nothing else really stands out for me and the lines on Strauss and Cooks runs are abit too short imo. One thing I am slightly leaning towards though is.. Runs after 20 Overs. Over 30.5 @ 1.83 At the moment the score is 19/0 after 15overs and England only really need 11 runs from 30 balls for this bet to come in. Yes, England scored extremely slowly yesterday and yes Cook and Strauss will want to keep their wicket intact but 11 runs from 30 balls is very achievable. I expect Siddle and Hilfenhaus to bowl a few looseners early on and anything at a short and wide I expect will be cut away by Cook and Strauss with minimal effort. It's a small hunch for me and I am willing to back it.
Following you on this, should come in :hope

I hope for your sake they score 12 not 11!! And Strauss can avoid Hussey with any attempted cut :lol I think it's got a very good chance, but will be missing it myself, Englands mindset will be one of safety to start with and until they feel entirely settled or we have a change in personnel I can't see why they would start off scoring any quicker than they finished last night...

I hope for your sake they score 12 not 11!! And Strauss can avoid Hussey with any attempted cut :lol I think it's got a very good chance, but will be missing it myself, Englands mindset will be one of safety to start with and until they feel entirely settled or we have a change in personnel I can't see why they would start off scoring any quicker than they finished last night...
This crossed my mind but even with safety being the priority 12 runs is (!!) can be done without THAT much trouble. Cook and Strauss are very good at dealing with deliveries that are tad too straight and if they do get one of those, which I'm sure they will, I hope to God they deal with it and whip it to fine leg for four. I've called three correctly so far without putting any money on them. This is the first one where I have. :hope :hope

In with an over to spare :clap Now lets hope they can get to 150 without losing more then 3 wickets

1 pt A Strauss performance points 84 and over - 5/6 Bet365 For me Strauss at the moment has to be the best batsmen in the world. He's scoring for fun of late with huge knocks and centuries. Also he scores quickly from the word go which seems to be a new trend of the opening batsmen around. Strauss field positioning also gives him a high chance of catches which adds to my confidence of this target going over.
Never in worry :lol Shame Anderson didnt get top bowler for me in the first innings as i thought he bowled the best out of them all but you cant take that away from Finn with his 6.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 One for the last day. 2pts England 2nd Innings Total OVER 469.5 runs 5/6 Bet365 England are going good at the moment with bat with a good partenership under way which should settle both at the crease. England have 9 wickets to get 160 runs is the way im looking at it which is quite low in my opinion. England have a lengthy batting line up and will be looking to bat nicely until tea at a guess. Aussie bowling is not good at the moment and have wasted the new ball which plays more into my favour for England to surpass this pretty lowish total on offer.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 The way I see it now is that the match is England's to lose. There are three sessions left and England are leading by 89 with 9 wickets intact. I predict that they'll just ensure that they don't lose the match today and give themselves a small chance of a victory. They will probably step up the run rate a touch and declare about two thirds of the way through the middle session, then put Australia in with about 10/15 overs to spare before tea in a small attempt to bowl them out in a session and a bit. However, I don't know though if England will up the scoring rate from the beginning to ensure an unassailable lead is set for Australia (probably around the 300 mark) or if they'll just be content with scoring slowly for a while to play for the draw. It's for that reason that I am staying away from all bets on this day. I just dont know what Strauss' and Englands motives will be and am not willing to guess anything.

One for the last day. 2pts England 2nd Innings Total OVER 469.5 runs 5/6 Bet365 England are going good at the moment with bat with a good partenership under way which should settle both at the crease. England have 9 wickets to get 160 runs is the way im looking at it which is quite low in my opinion. England have a lengthy batting line up and will be looking to bat nicely until tea at a guess. Aussie bowling is not good at the moment and have wasted the new ball which plays more into my favour for England to surpass this pretty lowish total on offer.
Ok, this seems very puzzling to me. Bet365 also have the following line: Wickets lost for 450 runs - under 4.5 @ 5/6 Wickets lost for 450 runs - over 4.5 @ 5/6 Surely if they think it's 50/50 that england will lose only 4/5 wickets for a total of 450 runs then they must believe england will get 470. :unsure

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 2pts England 2nd Innings Total OVER 469.5 runs 5/6 >Bet365 I like this thanks. I normally do well on the cricket, made one big mistake in keeping a position open over night and paid for it. Wiped all my profits and a lot more. Still England pulled it round but still an expensive mistake.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 3pts Day 5 Session 1 Runs - Over 96 11/10 Stan James 2 and a quarter hour session 1st up so we should be looking at around 32 overs at least in this session. There's nothing to stop England scoring this morning. The wicket still looks good and the ball is wearing old now. England will dig in for maybe the opening hour but as the draw becomes more secure we'll get more expansive and look to put them in. Cook's looking ultra good and even a wicket to fall wouldn't be a disaster with Pietersen a naturally quick scorer next in. Big ground, tired bowlers, lots of gaps and for me it'll equal more than 96 runs in this opening session.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 I am looking for some in-play markets here and I can't really see anything worth backing. Alastair Cook to score 200 or More @ 2.10 w/ Bet365 is interesting but I'm not sure he'll stick around for that long. He's looked solid this morning but its abit too much of a risk for me to stick anything on. Jonathon Trott to score Over 116.5 @ 2.20 is another one. To be truthfully honest I think this is a better and more safer option and I may go in with 3pts however, I shall wait to see how Mitchell Johnson does in the beginning overs of his spell. We know he is hungry for some wickets and could come in with some mad pace which we know he is capable of.