** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Bairn's Value Away Wins

bairn1

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Hey Bairn, following your system for a while and i have to say: great job so far and keep up the good work. Im more or less a quiet reader, but one thing draw my attention. Second time your system pick Mönchengladbach (i have some deeper insight because im from germany) and i wonder how your system pick this team. Of course, if you have a successful system you have to stick with it but in one of your first post you explained a points and power rating and in a pure rational way i cant explain myself how Gladbach ist a value bet?! Plain consideration of points, form and goal difference, Gladbach is the weakest team in the league. Nevertheless, Gladbach had some injury problems and are slightly on an uptrend in last games. Im excited if you could give a few more infos, without telling your secret.

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins

Hey Bairn, following your system for a while and i have to say: great job so far and keep up the good work. Im more or less a quiet reader, but one thing draw my attention. Second time your system pick Mönchengladbach (i have some deeper insight because im from germany) and i wonder how your system pick this team. Of course, if you have a successful system you have to stick with it but in one of your first post you explained a points and power rating and in a pure rational way i cant explain myself how Gladbach ist a value bet?! Plain consideration of points, form and goal difference, Gladbach is the weakest team in the league. Nevertheless, Gladbach had some injury problems and are slightly on an uptrend in last games. Im excited if you could give a few more infos, without telling your secret.
I'm not really sure how to answer your question without giving much away, and (for reasons mentioned by others earlier in the thread) I don't want to give too much away. I'm not able to p.m. you, but if you send me your e-mail address, I can explain a bit more in an e-mail.

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins I ve mentioned in an other topic, im running a tennis system and i understand it completely if you are more than careful. Perhaps i should add some words to reason my question, im starting to build a portfolio, that contents different betting types/strategies. a) trading b) tennis system c) basketball betting d) following tipsters... ... and to improve my portfolio i want to develop a soccer system. But to be honest, at the moment i have no clue, so i need to get deeper into the material and im reading and reading and try to understand as a first step and if i read your thread i wondered how Gladbach could be two times a play with such facts. So i appreciate a few words... [email protected]

I ve mentioned in an other topic, im running a tennis system and i understand it completely if you are more than careful. Perhaps i should add some words to reason my question, im starting to build a portfolio, that contents different betting types/strategies. a) trading b) tennis system c) basketball betting d) following tipsters... ... and to improve my portfolio i want to develop a soccer system. But to be honest, at the moment i have no clue, so i need to get deeper into the material and im reading and reading and try to understand as a first step and if i read your thread i wondered how Gladbach could be two times a play with such facts. So i appreciate a few words... [email protected]
E-mail sent. Hope it clears things up.

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Another great result...

DateMatchOddsP/LP/L Cum
30/01/2011 Ein Frankfurt 0 - 1 Mgladbach 3.8 +£28.00 +£265.70
Lots of midweek fixtures, but nothing that fits in with the system unfortunately, so we'll have to wait a bit longer to see if we can keep the good run going.

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Three picks for Saturday... 05/02/2011 | Man City v West Brom | Away Win | 9 (Betfred) 05/02/2011 | Nottm Forest v Watford | Away Win | 4.53 (Pinnacle) 05/02/2011 | Chesterfield v Aldershot | Away Win | 5 (General)

05/02/2011 Man City 3 - 0 West Brom 9 -£10.00 +£255.70
05/02/2011 Nottm Forest 1 - 0 Watford 4.75 -£10.00 +£245.70
05/02/2011 Chesterfield 2 - 2 Aldershot 5 -£10.00 +£235.70
Hopefully we'll have better luck with our midweek pick... 08/02/2011 | Leyton Orient v Swindon | Away Win | 3.75

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins A disappointing result, though Swindon were well on top in terms of shots on and off target and corners... but well behind on the one that matters - goals!

08/02/2011 Leyton Orient 3 - 0 Swindon 3.75 -£10.00 +£225.70

Here's a full breakdown of November's results...
DateMatchOddsP/LP/L Cum
Sat 6th NovCoventry 2 - 3 Leeds3.25+£22.50+£22.50
Tue 9th NovKettering 0 - 2 Mansfield3.19+£21.90+£44.40
Sat 14th NovChesterfield 1 - 2 Burton5+£40.00+£84.40
Sat 14th NovTorquay 1 - 1 Barnet6.08-£10.00+£74.40
Sat 14th NovKettering 2 - 2 Cambridge3.1-£10.00+£64.40
Sat 20th NovMan Utd 2 - 0 Wigan16.4-£10.00+£54.40
Sat 20th NovCardiff 0 - 2 Nottm Forest4.5+£35.00+£89.40
Sat 20th NovCharlton 3 - 2 Yeovil6.5-£10.00+£79.40
Sat 20th NovShrewsbury 1 - 1 Southend4.33-£10.00+£69.40
Sat 20th NovEin Frankfurt 0 - 4 Hoffenheim3.23+£22.30+£91.70
Sat 20th NovInverness CT 4 - 2 Hibernian3.36-£10.00+£81.70
Tue 23rd NovBournemouth 2 - 0 Yeovil5-£10.00+£71.70
Tue 23rd NovChesterfield 1 - 2 Oxford5+£40.00+£111.70
Sat 27th NovBarnsley 0 - 0 Watford3.25-£10.00+£101.70
Sat 27th NovValenciennes 3 - 0 Arles8-£10.00+£91.70
Sat 27th NovSeville 1 - 3 Getafe5.5+£45.00+£136.70
Sun 28th NovAuxerre 1 - 2 Toulouse4.1+£31.00+£167.70
Tues 30th NovKidderminster 0 - 0 York3.1-£10.00+£157.70
Total staked = £180 Profit/loss = +£157.70 It's too early for the ROI to be of any significance, but at the moment it's 87.22%! We won't acheive anything like this long term and instead will be looking for around 30%, but long may this good run continue!
Hi Bairn, This is my first time posting here as I am usually posting advice (for what it;s worth over at the betting school. Your method intrigues me as I have been testing out formulas based on a simplified version of ELO which like yourself am wary of posting full details here. Your method is based on mathematical data as my own (ditto), but I am always searching for alternative trades to improve profit on selections. I don't know if anyone has suggested this as I have not followed your thread all through, but I was imediately struck by your results for November for example. Quickly scanning, your results show ~ 8 wins to 10 losses, albeit the prices gained on wins returned a decent ROI. Now what if you were to use a seperate bank and cover the selections on the quarter ball asian handicap. I'm quite sure at prices mentioned, the +0.5 HC would have been available. Price availability will have been shorter but 50% of losses were draws meaning 1/4 ball winners. Your Nov results would then be 13 wins to 5 losses. Again shorter odds but to my mind, increasing win percentage is more important in terms of compounding bank percentage!

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Cheers David....that was quick calculating, of course one would expect the AH return to be lower on level stakes in the short term. Although I do not advocatr progressive staking methods, it would be interesting to test ALL of the Bairn1 selections on various staking methods, if anyone has a full copy of the Staking Machine. As stated, I use strict bank percentage of bank myself, but may be of interest to other members here. :clap

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Hi there, Thanks for this. This sounds interesting. Other than understanding the basic concept, I'm not too familiar with asian handicap betting, but what you say does make sense. With the high odds that the system bets to at the moment, I do have to deal with some pretty long losing runs, so this would hopefully sort this out. The only thing that puts me off it slightly is that last season, and when back-testing over the previous two seasons, the draw percentage was very low and I'd have actually lost more money backing draws than I would have backing home wins. However, I do think it's worth looking into. I get my data from football-data.co.uk - does anyone know offhand if their data contains AH odds? P.S. Looks like there'll be a couple of picks for the weekend - I'll post these later.

Hi Bairn, This is my first time posting here as I am usually posting advice (for what it;s worth over at the betting school. Your method intrigues me as I have been testing out formulas based on a simplified version of ELO which like yourself am wary of posting full details here. Your method is based on mathematical data as my own (ditto), but I am always searching for alternative trades to improve profit on selections. I don't know if anyone has suggested this as I have not followed your thread all through, but I was imediately struck by your results for November for example. Quickly scanning, your results show ~ 8 wins to 10 losses, albeit the prices gained on wins returned a decent ROI. Now what if you were to use a seperate bank and cover the selections on the quarter ball asian handicap. I'm quite sure at prices mentioned, the +0.5 HC would have been available. Price availability will have been shorter but 50% of losses were draws meaning 1/4 ball winners. Your Nov results would then be 13 wins to 5 losses. Again shorter odds but to my mind, increasing win percentage is more important in terms of compounding bank percentage!

..... I get my data from football-data.co.uk - does anyone know offhand if their data contains AH odds?.....
Hi Bairn..... and congratulations on a great start for your system :clap Yes, football-data does include AH odds..... it used to show the "balanced" AH odds, but for the past 2-3 seasons it only gives the AH(0) odds i.e. DNB. Apparently the author gets all his odds data from Betbrain (I think) and BB only shows the most popular AH odds... which is, apparently AH(0) :unsure