** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Australia vs Sri Lanka - Twenty20 International & ODI series

Australia's big international summer begins this weekend as they look to take on Sri Lanka in a twenty20 international which is followed by a 3 match ODI series as the build up to the Ashes starts to take off. Should be a competitive series which we've not had since England vs Pakistan and all 4 matches are live on Sky so there should be decent enough betting potential. Schedule:

Sun Oct 31 09:35 GMT | 17:35 local 09:35 GMT Only T20I - Australia v Sri Lanka Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth 32.png 11 - 25° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Sunny Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Wed Nov 3 03:20 GMT | 14:20 local 03:20 GMT 1st ODI - Australia v Sri Lanka Melbourne Cricket Ground 30.png 10 - 16° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Partly Cloudy Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Fri Nov 5 03:20 GMT | 14:20 local 03:20 GMT 2nd ODI - Australia v Sri Lanka Sydney Cricket Ground
N/A
Sun Nov 7 03:20 GMT | 13:20 local 03:20 GMT 3rd ODI - Australia v Sri Lanka Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane
N/A

Re: Cricket: Australia vs Sri Lanka - Twenty20 International & ODI series Ok let's get this show on the road. One for the twenty20. 5pts Australia Most 6's 21/20 Skybet I like Australia in this market. Conditions suit them a lot more than they will Sri Lanka but not only that, I've looked through this Sri Lanka squad and other than Angelo Mathews there isn't a natural 6 hitter among them. Australia have a fair few in Watson, Warner, White and Hussey and even Haddin and Smith can give it a bit of a biff. Then throw into the equation that the likes of Nannes and Siddle aren't going to be easy to get away and while Malinga and Murali will be tough, Sri Lanka will have 3 bowlers who aren't as difficult. These two have met in 3 previous twenty20 internationals. Australia won the 1st 2-1 in 6's, the 2nd ended 7-4 to Australia and the 3rd was 7-2 in Australia's favour. I don't see any reason why that'll be any different here so I'm firmly on the Aussies to hit the most 6's in this twenty20 clash.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs Sri Lanka - Twenty20 International & ODI series A small one for me... 0.1 points Buy K.Sangakkara Performance Points @ 40 spin 1 point per run, 10 points per catch, 25 points per stumping MAX LOSS- 4 points I usually look at wicket keepers when looking at performance points and Kumar Sagakkara is one player i usually always back. Hes Sri Lankas captain and an excellent batsman as well as an excellent wicketkeeper. In terms of wicketkeeping theres stumping opportunities from the spinners Murali & Randiv. The pitch in Perth has bounce and speed and hopefully Kumar can pick a few catches from Malingas bowling as well. From a batting perspective he will most likely bat at either no.3 or 4. His average in T20i cricket speaks for itself with an average of 29.32. 2 catches and 20 runs would result in breaking even but hopefully Sangakkara can better that and return a decent profit!

Re: Cricket: Australia vs Sri Lanka - Twenty20 International & ODI series Ok +5.25pts for me going into the ODI series. 2 outrights to begin with. 3pts Sri Lanka to win ODI Series 7/4 Ladbrokes I think Sri Lanka are a more than acceptable price here. The Aussies look devoid of any confidence and I can't remember the last time I've heard them say they need a win but that's exactly the case here. They've lost their last 3 tests, their last 4 twenty20's and their last 2 ODI series. Ok they won a couple of ODI's in England but the series was dead when they did. They have a few problems here too. There will be no Ricky Ponting in the opening match as he's attending his grandmother's funeral then we get to their bowling attack. I shan't say what I make of this attack, I'll save that for the Ashes threads but it's fair to say I don't rate it. Sri Lanka have taken this series very seriously. They arrived in Australia a couple of weeks before the twenty20 and have played a few warm up matches to acclimatise to the conditions. Their batting lineup looks good and with Murali and Randiv in the bowling lineup they have that base covered too. I've probably never been able to say Sri Lanka are in a better state than Australia but they are at the minute and at 7/4 I'll take Sangakkara's men to win this 3 match series. 2pts K.Sangakkara Top Sri Lanka Series Batsman 10/3 Blue Square Kumar Sangakkara has already shown he's in good form on this tour. He scored a ton in one of the warm up matches and then top scored with an effortless but classy 40 odd in the twenty20 international at the weekend. What I like about this bet is Sangakkara has said Sri Lanka will open the innings with Upul Tharanga and Tillekeratne Dilshan which means Sangakkara himself looks set to bat above Jayawardene who along with Dilshan I rate as the main dangers to the Sri Lankan captain. That in itself is a boost. His form and experience in Australia is another boost and as captain he'll look to lead from the front. Sangakkara oozes class when he's in nick and I think 10/3 is a more than fair price for the skipper to lead his team's run charts in this series.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs Sri Lanka - Twenty20 International & ODI series 4 points K.Sangakkara Performance Points 47 & Over @ 1.83 B365 I took this last time as a spread but i checked today and SPIN have the spread between 55-60 which i think is just about right, so at 47 I feel theres value. Like Kev says, Kumar is in excellent form and will bat quite high up the order. In terms of wicketkeeping the spin wizard Murali will be playing and i wouldnt be suprised to see someone like White or Smith walk down the wicket to one of his balls and end up stumped.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs Sri Lanka - Twenty20 International & ODI series One for me in the opening ODI. It's my old favourite at the G. 4pts 1st ODI - Under 5 6's 6/5 Sportingbet As I've said many times in the past, the MCG is a huge playing area and it's not easy to hit 6's here. However there's a couple of other reasons why I like this bet. As I said in the twenty20, there isn't a lot of 6 hitting potential in the Sri Lankan side. They don't hit very many at all. Australia don't really either these days although I should tread carefully saying that as the last time I did I walked into a blitz from Cameron White. However as we saw in the twenty20 this bowling attack of Sri Lanka's is hard to get away with the quality such as Murali, Malinga and Randiv in their ranks. Another reason I like this bet is because it's been pissing down in Melbourne recently so the wicket could be a bit under prepared and a bit slow and tacky. With the lack of 6 hitting potential and a potentially slow wicket coupled with the huge ground I think this line is a bit too high. Only 4 6's were hit the last time these two played an ODI here and I expect no more in this opening match. Unders for me.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs Sri Lanka - Twenty20 International & ODI series WOW... What a game... What a finish:loon Only 3 6's :clap Sangakkara over 47pts (easily!) :clap Sangakarra well in the chase for top bat :hope Sri Lanka 1-0 in series :hope In summary... A bloody good result!!

Re: Cricket: Australia vs Sri Lanka - Twenty20 International & ODI series Yep and they say ODI's need improving. The last 4 days suggest otherwise. Great results in here like Perry says. Winners all round and every chance of a couple of outrights landing. The 6's winner puts me up to +10.05pts for the tour. Roll on Friday :drums

Re: Cricket: Australia vs Sri Lanka - Twenty20 International & ODI series Excellent bets Kev, cant see Australia beating Sri Lanka twice in a row and the only real dangers to Sangakkaras top score are Dilshan and Jayawardena who both flopped today. Another top performance from Sangakkara which leaves me with a profit of +8.2 :nana

Re: Cricket: Australia vs Sri Lanka - Twenty20 International & ODI series Throwing a bit of dosh at this 2nd ODI. Would have taken SL but I'm on at 7/4 in effect. 4 for me though. 4pts 2nd ODI - Under 6.5 6's 5/6 Paddy Power Generally when you think about the Sydney Cricket Ground you think it's ripe for a few 6's and I wouldn't necessarily disagree but when you look at previous ODI's it's not necessarily the case and I don't think it will be the case here either. We only got 3 in the previous ODI, admittedly on a huge ground in Melbourne but this place ain't the smallest ground in world cricket. To sum up how tough it can be to hit 6's in this place, 2 years ago Australia played India in a game which had a score of 317/7 vs 299. Both sides had some real big hitters yet the match only yielded 6 6's. There are exceptions to the rules as Australia and NZ played out a high scoring game here last year which had 8 6's in it but Sri Lanka aren't a big hitting side. 2 of the 3 they hit the other night came from someone who shouldn't be batting too long but for unforeseen circumstances. Australia may well look to take a few less risks to ensure a greater degree of solidity and will hope to build a total that way. I've mentioned SL's bowling attack being so good and as a general rule I expected this series to be low in 6's hit. 6.5 is just about high enough to get me on the unders. 3pts Sri Lanka Highest 1st 15 Overs Evs Blue Square I know there's 11/10 out there for this bet but I'll stay with the DNB option here. Sri Lanka won the 1st 15 overs the other night and slaughtered Australia in the 1st 6 overs of the twenty20 so they are going well at the start of the innings at the minute. I was quite surprised they won the 15 over market the other night as you would imagine Australia would be stronger there but the key to it could well be Sangakkara bringing Murali on after 10 overs. All Australia can do is bring on another seamer because their spinners are either young or shit. Or in Hauritz's case - both :lol. Dilshan can score quickly at the top for Sri Lanka and Sangakkara can too. While the likes of Malinga is bowling so well at the top then Sri Lanka will always remain in the game through 15 overs and with Australia maybe reluctant to go gung ho from the off given their desperate need for a win, I'll look to take advantage of that by taking the tourists through 15 overs here. 3pts B.Haddin's Performance Pts - 49&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Brad Haddin's been in decent nick this summer for both his state side New South Wales and Australia. In fact in the two matches against Sri Lanka so far he's looked very good with the bat which is no surprise as he can play seam and spin equally as well. I'd expect him to go well with the bat here as he's on his home ground so he'll know the conditions as well as anyone. The other reason I like this bet is although there will be a bit of pace and bounce - and carry to the keeper, I think it will turn a bit too so a stumping isn't out of the question here at all. Someone like a Dilshan could easily come down the wicket to Smith or Doherty, miss it and be stumped. 49pts is slightly over the threshold I like to take for keepers but Haddin is in such good form that I'm going to make this an exception and take the overs here. 1pt ew A.Mathews Top Sri Lanka Batsman 13/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Angelo Mathews is a cricketer I'm really beginning to like. I really like his coolness and having seen him win matches with the bat in many different circumstances in his young career I think he'll be a very good player for a good few years to come. He's shown he can score quickly in his knocks for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL, we've seen him score solidly and rebuild an innings for Sri Lanka and we've seen him marshall the tail too. The temperament of this youngster is unbelievable and in a batting lineup which has lots of talent but equally can be hit and miss I think this price is too big. He batted 6 on Wednesday but he could move up to 5 here. With his multi-dimensional innings constructing abilities with the bat he'll always be a danger in this field and at 13/2 I think he's well worth an ew pop in this 2nd ODI to replicate what he did in the opening game.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs Sri Lanka - Twenty20 International & ODI series

Throwing a bit of dosh at this 2nd ODI. Would have taken SL but I'm on at 7/4 in effect. 4 for me though. 4pts 2nd ODI - Under 6.5 6's 5/6 Paddy Power Generally when you think about the Sydney Cricket Ground you think it's ripe for a few 6's and I wouldn't necessarily disagree but when you look at previous ODI's it's not necessarily the case and I don't think it will be the case here either. We only got 3 in the previous ODI, admittedly on a huge ground in Melbourne but this place ain't the smallest ground in world cricket. To sum up how tough it can be to hit 6's in this place, 2 years ago Australia played India in a game which had a score of 317/7 vs 299. Both sides had some real big hitters yet the match only yielded 6 6's. There are exceptions to the rules as Australia and NZ played out a high scoring game here last year which had 8 6's in it but Sri Lanka aren't a big hitting side. 2 of the 3 they hit the other night came from someone who shouldn't be batting too long but for unforeseen circumstances. Australia may well look to take a few less risks to ensure a greater degree of solidity and will hope to build a total that way. I've mentioned SL's bowling attack being so good and as a general rule I expected this series to be low in 6's hit. 6.5 is just about high enough to get me on the unders. 3pts Sri Lanka Highest 1st 15 Overs Evs Blue Square I know there's 11/10 out there for this bet but I'll stay with the DNB option here. Sri Lanka won the 1st 15 overs the other night and slaughtered Australia in the 1st 6 overs of the twenty20 so they are going well at the start of the innings at the minute. I was quite surprised they won the 15 over market the other night as you would imagine Australia would be stronger there but the key to it could well be Sangakkara bringing Murali on after 10 overs. All Australia can do is bring on another seamer because their spinners are either young or shit. Or in Hauritz's case - both :lol. Dilshan can score quickly at the top for Sri Lanka and Sangakkara can too. While the likes of Malinga is bowling so well at the top then Sri Lanka will always remain in the game through 15 overs and with Australia maybe reluctant to go gung ho from the off given their desperate need for a win, I'll look to take advantage of that by taking the tourists through 15 overs here. 3pts B.Haddin's Performance Pts - 49&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Brad Haddin's been in decent nick this summer for both his state side New South Wales and Australia. In fact in the two matches against Sri Lanka so far he's looked very good with the bat which is no surprise as he can play seam and spin equally as well. I'd expect him to go well with the bat here as he's on his home ground so he'll know the conditions as well as anyone. The other reason I like this bet is although there will be a bit of pace and bounce - and carry to the keeper, I think it will turn a bit too so a stumping isn't out of the question here at all. Someone like a Dilshan could easily come down the wicket to Smith or Doherty, miss it and be stumped. 49pts is slightly over the threshold I like to take for keepers but Haddin is in such good form that I'm going to make this an exception and take the overs here. 1pt ew A.Mathews Top Sri Lanka Batsman 13/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Angelo Mathews is a cricketer I'm really beginning to like. I really like his coolness and having seen him win matches with the bat in many different circumstances in his young career I think he'll be a very good player for a good few years to come. He's shown he can score quickly in his knocks for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL, we've seen him score solidly and rebuild an innings for Sri Lanka and we've seen him marshall the tail too. The temperament of this youngster is unbelievable and in a batting lineup which has lots of talent but equally can be hit and miss I think this price is too big. He batted 6 on Wednesday but he could move up to 5 here. With his multi-dimensional innings constructing abilities with the bat he'll always be a danger in this field and at 13/2 I think he's well worth an ew pop in this 2nd ODI to replicate what he did in the opening game.
I'm at work on my phone... does anyone know which of these bets still stand in a rain affected match? cheers

I'm at work on my phone... does anyone know which of these bets still stand in a rain affected match? cheers
The 15 overs bet is still going. Think we're one over short in Australia's innings for the 6's bet to be a goer annoyingly. Not sure what they'll do with the Haddin bet. Their rules say both sides need to face 40 overs which won't happen but because he's out I suspect that will be settled as a loser. Mathews was settled as a loser so I really need this 15 over bet to come in :hope.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs Sri Lanka - Twenty20 International & ODI series 15 overs bet was almost in with Clarke messing about and then overs 12-14 yield 32 runs and that was that :eyes. Hoping Bet365 void Haddin's performance else this will be a big loss day. Although I'll get all that back if Sri Lanka win. :hope

15 overs bet was almost in with Clarke messing about and then overs 12-14 yield 32 runs and that was that :eyes. Hoping Bet365 void Haddin's performance else this will be a big loss day. Although I'll get all that back if Sri Lanka win. :hope
Ironically, I came out of that level! Feel like I dodged a bullet! Followed the 2 that voided and dodged the losses... :$

Re: Cricket: Australia vs Sri Lanka - Twenty20 International & ODI series As I suspected, the 6's bet was voided and the performance bet was settled as a loser. -8pts for this 2nd ODI but +8.25 for the SL series win coming in so one step back one forward really. Anyway it means I'm +10.30pts heading into the last match of the tour and with Sangakkara level with Mathews for top batsman.

As I suspected' date=' the 6's bet was voided and the performance bet was settled as a loser. -8pts for this 2nd ODI but +8.25 for the SL series win coming in so one step back one forward really. Anyway it means I'm +10.30pts heading into the last match of the tour and with Sangakkara level with Mathews for top batsman.[/quote'] I followed you on the Haddin bet at Bet365 and they voided mine. :unsure

I followed you on the Haddin bet at Bet365 and they voided mine. :unsure
Cheers mate, just logged back into bet365 and you're right they've voided mine as well. Must've been a bit hasty to log in earlier on. Only -5 today then and +13.30 overall now.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs Sri Lanka - Twenty20 International & ODI series Final match of the series tomorrow. Hopefully Sangakkara holds off Mathews and Tharanga. I'm going with 2 others. 4pts Sri Lanka to win 3rd ODI 5/4 Sportingbet Sri Lanka continue to be odds against in this series but looking at the cricket that has been played in the series so far there's no way they are justified outsiders here. They've bowled brilliantly and bar a wobble at Melbourne they've batted sensibly too. Australia look like they've forgotten how to win and I'm not sure that feeling will return with Michael Clarke back at the helm as he is here with Ponting rested. Callum Ferguson looks like he'll replace Ponting in what looks like a good move to me. Sri Lanka have won the series already but I think they'll want to leave Australia with a clean sweep with the West Indies waiting for them when they get home so I don't envisage too many changes. The wicket at the Gabba is bowler friendly at the minute after a barrage of rain. Normally that would suit Australia perfectly but not with this attack. Sri Lanka are bowling brilliantly and I think that can lead them to a clean sweep of the series here. 3pts Under 5.5 6's Evs Blue Square This line looks a little bit high to me given the lack of 6's we've seen in the series to date. We've only seen 6 in the series so far so we're going to be unlucky to see 6 in this match even though it's a dead rubber. As I mentioned above the wicket is likely to be bowler friendly with the weather the way it's been in Brisbane recently and that will play into the hands of the unders here. The Gabba isn't the smallest ground in Australia either. In fact all the way round I'd say it's probably the 2nd biggest so that doesn't help the 6's either. As I've mentioned in previous matches Sri Lanka's 6 hitting prowess isn't huge so that's on the side of the unders as is my money. Unders for me.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs Sri Lanka - Twenty20 International & ODI series I'll follow you on the Sri Lanka bet Kev. They have played well all series and I am baffled to why Australia is still rated at such short odds to win? Traditionally Sri Lanka have struggled in their middle order, but at the moment, players with the quality of Matthews are batting as low as 6th. Their top order is strong and reliable as always, with their skipper in great form at the moment. But it isn't even their batting that will win it for them. Australia's bowling attack has been pretty poor for quite a while now, and they are screaming for someone like Johnson to find any consistency at all. With consistency, he could be one of the best in the world, as we saw in SA a couple years ago. You commented before the last ODI about the way Murali comes in early in the innings and grabs a wicket or slows the RR down at least. Australia on the other hand seem to wait for the SL openers to get themselves out, which they don't really ever look like doing. It's hard for me to back against Australia here but it has to be done. Australia are stupidly short. If we manage to somehow get a win out of this game, I guess it will be cause to celebrate anyway. :lol Sri Lanka @ 2.23 (Local Bookie) Best of luck. :hope