** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 25-31 October

Re: Tennis - 25-31 October All bets with William Hill

Kim Clisters vs Victoria Azarenka at 1.5

Lets start with the negatives,Kim hasn’t played for a few months now and the only issue against her would be rustiness and fitness in the desert heat, but guess what, no signs of Rustiness in her match yesterday and although she plays one of the most inform players on tour at the moment, I think her game has enough weapons to put the Belarusians fire out. I liked hher service gamne in her match yesterday and that’s really what you need to make sure you get of court as quickly as possible.At these odsds on a hard court I’m happy to take Kim.

Bjorn Pau vs Marco Baghdatis at 3.2

This is a combination of hunch and reason.I have no idea what that means but I believe the German will take out baggy.He has the most motivation as he tries to garner enough points to get on the regular tour.He has generally blasted all his challenger opponents all season although he lost limply against Berankis last week he is definitely not a challenger player especially indoors and on hard courts.

Baggy has won their only meeting in 2 tie break sets but other than that, he hasn’t shown any of the form he showed in the states and with the season coming to a close I cant see him having the motivation to guts out a 250 event against an opponent who will give everything. His win against Istomin was impressive but his loss to Troicki told me all I need to know about how difficult he is finding it to capture his mid season form.

I had Phau to beat Mayer easily (who has been more impressive than the Cypriot lately) and Im backing him again today

Nicolas Amalgro vs Santiago Giraldo at 1.5

When I first looked at this match up, then the odds, something just didn’t look right. Nic should win this game easily, why odds above 1.3.Is he carrying an injury? I had that feeling yesterday when I played Troicki at over 1.35 and I don’t know what to make of this but Spanish players have pride and if he loses he will go down fighting. Im prepared to put money on Amalgro, he gives his all and that’s all I have ever wanted

Mathieu Paul-Henri vs Becker Benjamin at 1.83

Gift of the day I believe.Becker has improved immensely in the last few weeks and there is always the feeling that you never know what to get from the Henri but they are still in 2 different leagues and I believe Henri’s odds should be close to 1.5. Becker beat a very poor Stakhosky but he just doesn’t have the game to step it up at the moment. Henri has won their only ever meeting and because from what I have seen the courts are a touch slower I believe the French man would be able to have a give him the run around if they cant break each others serve.

GL:hope

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 25-31 October

All bets with William Hill

Kim Clisters vs Victoria Azarenka at 1.5

Lets start with the negatives,Kim hasn’t played for a few months now and the only issue against her would be rustiness and fitness in the desert heat, but guess what, no signs of Rustiness in her match yesterday and although she plays one of the most inform players on tour at the moment, I think her game has enough weapons to put the Belarusians fire out. I liked hher service gamne in her match yesterday and that’s really what you need to make sure you get of court as quickly as possible.At these odsds on a hard court I’m happy to take Kim.

GL:hope
I agree with your comments about Clijsters, but will remind you that she made 12 double faults.. almost every service game.. It will come with more matches for sure, but for now is how it is

Re: Tennis - 25-31 October Come on guys, I would like to her some thoughts about Wozniacki - Schiavone for today. Wozniacki vs. Dementieva is not merit at all to me, and vs. Stosur I think she did everything except one - converting break chances, especially in the first set. Stosur got the first one and it was break and set point all in one. I am somehow doubtfull that Woz will play two matches in the row without breaking her opponents, no meter who is on the other side. On the other side I haven't seen Stosur vs. Schiavone so I can't rate that result fairly. Even Schiavone have nice clay court season and GS with her, in last two years on hard courts there are only three "serious" players that she beat (even I would rate serious only the names of last two): Azarenka, Safina and Mauresmo. So what do you think? Is it worth to try 2-0 in sets @ 1,62 on Betfair

Come on guys' date=' I would like to her some thoughts about Wozniacki - Schiavone for today. [..snip..']
I am on Schiavonne at 4.92, though I did not made official writeup here. The reasion is this: Conditions are extremely hard in Doha in terms of heat and humidity. Woz is playing third day in a row and should be at least little tired. Though she was lucky not to play the first match of the day at 33 degrees centigrade so far. Schiavonne had a day off, can better adapt to heat, and h2h is 2-1 fo Francesca. Also, Woz is under pressure, because if she loses with Schiavonne, she can say bye bye to semi, because Francesca will beat Dementieva for sure. And her daddy knows that, and he will make Woz even more nervous. This all puts Woz for match somewhere near 1.5 - 1.7 for me.

I am on Schiavonne at 4.92' date=' though I did not made official writeup here. The reasion is this: Conditions are extremely hard in Doha in terms of heat and humidity. Woz is playing third day in a row and should be at least little tired. Though she was lucky not to play the first match of the day at 33 degrees centigrade so far. Schiavonne had a day off, can better adapt to heat, and h2h is 2-1 fo Francesca. Also, Woz is under pressure, because if she loses with Schiavonne, she can say bye bye to semi, because Francesca will beat Dementieva for sure. And her daddy knows that, and he will make Woz even more nervous. This all puts Woz for match somewhere near 1.5 - 1.7 for me.[/quote'] First dated to 2008. and it's not merit if you ask me, Woz was still green for big girls... 2nd one is on clay during her best tournament in life, and Third that Wozniacki won is most significant in this match-up I think. It was on hard it's not so long since then.. What i really can't agree with you is that Wozniacki can't handle the pressure, that is just one of her strengths I think. I don't know, just can't see Wozniacki lost against 30 year old Schiavone and on hard court. After yesterday loss she will probably push hard just from the beginning.

Cannot agree with this one' date=' but good luck anyways. I am extremely worried about Schuettler's form. If we discount the match today - and there are good reasons to do so - he has recently lost to Haider-Maurer, Kubot and Niland. And who did he beat? Peya, Semjan, Heliovaara, Mello. That can't be considered to be an accomplishment. Dolgopolov is proving himself well on this surface and I cannot see past him in this match, although I am not sure yet whether the handicaps are worth taking, since he is indeed inconsistent at times.[/quote'] Yep, you got this spot on mate. Dolgopolov looking very assured on the indoor courts, could be an outsider for this. How on earth did Troicki lose to Schuettler?

Re: Tennis - 25-31 October To follow Youzhny -4,5 or not to follow? To do or not to do? :D If there aren't some Russians businesses this is pretty clear to me and I'm quite sure it will be because Youzhny have very big chances to catch London masters after all of other players failed in last few weeks. There is nothing unbeatable for him in draw and I think he will take this one easily. Is there anybody who knows something about his injury form Moscow tournament....

To follow Youzhny -4,5 or not to follow? To do or not to do? :D If there aren't some Russians businesses this is pretty clear to me and I'm quite sure it will be because Youzhny have very big chances to catch London masters after all of other players failed in last few weeks. There is nothing unbeatable for him in draw and I think he will take this one easily. Is there anybody who knows something about his injury form Moscow tournament....
It was a viral infection. Judging by his display yesterday, he seems pretty fit and motivated.

It was a viral infection. Judging by his display yesterday' date=' he seems pretty fit and motivated.[/quote'] Just don't know what is first on his priority list; this week or next week in Valencia? :unsure If he will be on 100% again that would be walk in the park... Come on Atko, give us some insight :spank

Re: Tennis - 25-31 October I'd be very surprised if Youzhny doesn't beat Evgeny Donksoy, but at odds of 1.11, there's no chance I'd be backing him. The handicap is pretty high at -5.5 games now. Too much of a risk. If Youzhny wants the 02, which I guess he will, he'll need to win this event and do well in Valencia and Paris. No value in his outright price, and the handicap is too high on a fairly quick surface.

- Juan Ignacio Chela (vs Grega Zemlja) x Victor Hanescu (vs Rajeev Ram) @ 1.92 with Pinnacle (3/10) - Pablo Cuevas (vs Michael Berrer) @ 2.17 with Pinnacle (3/10) - Rainer Schuettler (vs Alexandr Dolgopolov) @ 2.44 with Pinnacle (2/10)
Chela d. Zemlja 2-6 7-6 6-3 & Hanescu d. Ram 7-6 3-6 6-3 WIN Berrer d. Cuevas 5-7 6-3 6-3 LOSS Dolgopolov d. Schuettler 6-4 6-2 LOSS Small deficit for the day. Have to be honest, though the double was goosed but Chela fought like a warrior. Cuevas folded tamely in the end and Dolgopolov played very, very well.

I'd be very surprised if Youzhny doesn't beat Evgeny Donksoy' date=' but at odds of 1.11, there's no chance I'd be backing him. The handicap is pretty high at -5.5 games now. Too much of a risk. If Youzhny wants the 02, which I guess he will, he'll need to win this event and do well in Valencia and Paris. No value in his outright price, and the handicap is too high on a fairly quick surface.[/quote'] :clap We will see, I think that in overall he's got a pretty good chances for O2, after all indoors are his favorite...

Re: Tennis - 25-31 October I'm going for a few bets for today's action. My first is a double, again, with Marcos Baghdatis and Janko Tipsarevic the protagonists. Baghdatis takes on Michael Berrer, and I can't see past the Cypriot. He won their only meeting and has the game to dismantle the German's serve and attack style. Baghdatis seems to be finishing the year pretty strongly and after disposing of Bjorn Phau easily enough yesterday, I reckon he's got enough to see off Berrer. He moves better, has more variation in his shots and will put Berrer in situations that he doesn't like. As for Tipsarevic, he's playing Mikhail Kukushkin. The Kazakh has really come to light in the last couple of weeks indoors but he's vulnerable to a decent player who is happy enough to spar with him off the deck. Tipsarevic won't be fazed by long rallies. He's showed on numerous occasions that he relishes that sort of battle and he's got more craft and is probably more consistent than the Kazakh. This match could be tight, hence why I'm avoiding the handicap, but after the Horacio Zeballos fiasco last week, I expect Tipsarevic to have a point to prove. Double comes in at 2.27, which looks pretty big. I'm happy to play. I'm actually taking two bets in the John Isner vs Gael Monfils clash. The first one is Isner +2 games on the AH. This match is going to be a close one. Monfils has home advantage but Isner is a tough cookie and has proven himself in tight situations. He beat Adrian Mannarino and Benoit Paire en route to this match, so he's got experience of playing against the crowd. He's also beaten Monfils three times out of four matches. I don't think Monfils likes not getting any rhythm from Isner's service games, which are predictably full of aces and short points. The American's serve hasn't been broken yet this week, and I think Monfils will have a real fight on his hands here. This match could be decided by tie-breakers and I favour Isner's powers of concentration more. On that note, I was surprised to see the price on a tie-breaker set at 1.83 considering both these guys are good on serve, so I'll be nibbling that as well. My final bet is on Ivan Ljubicic, who is a generous 2.04 to beat Jarkko Nieminen in France. Nieminen had a beast of match yesterday with Richard Gasquet and has played a lot of tennis recently. I think there's going to be an element of fatigue for the Finn here. Ljubicic revels in these indoor conditions and has been serving and hitting off the ground pretty well these last few weeks - he seems a man who is lucid and enjoying his tennis. He beat Nieminen in their only meeting and if he serves well, the Finn won't get much of look-in. The Croat seems in better physical shape and I'm happy to back him to prevail here. Selections: - Marcos Baghdatis (vs Michael Berrer) x Janko Tipsarevic (vs Mikhail Kukushkin) @ 2.27 with William Hill (3/10) - John Isner +2 games AH (vs Gael Monfils) @ 1.909 with Pinnacle (3/10) - Tie break to be played (Gael Monfils vs John Isner) @ 1.83 with William Hill (3/10) - Ivan Ljubicic (vs Jarkko Nieminen) @ 2.04 with Pinnacle (3/10) :hope

Re: Tennis - 25-31 October You're completely right about Ljubo Atko. With win today it will be 400 for Ljubo on ATP circuits. Also, he said that he can't believe how fast is this, and that is probably the fastest court on tour. Also he is feeling great at the moment, both physically and mentally and including Jarko's tiredness Ljubo should take this one.

- Marcos Baghdatis (vs Michael Berrer) x Janko Tipsarevic (vs Mikhail Kukushkin) @ 2.27 with William Hill (3/10) LOSS - John Isner +2 games AH (vs Gael Monfils) @ 1.909 with Pinnacle (3/10) WIN - Tie break to be played (Gael Monfils vs John Isner) @ 1.83 with William Hill (3/10) LOSS - Ivan Ljubicic (vs Jarkko Nieminen) @ 2.04 with Pinnacle (3/10) WIN
Broke dead even for the day. Not a lot else to say.

Re: Tennis - 25-31 October Clijsters - Stosur I don't think this will be tough match for Cijsters. Stosur lost to dementieva because dementieva was solid with her backhand. Stosur beat Schiavone because schiavone has no answer to stosur's forehand with her backhand. In this match when stosur leads the rally , clijsters can equal the rally with her backhand. Tennis level of Clijsters is not high for her standarts. But it will be enough for this match. In Stosur-Wozniacki match woznacki tried to return the stosur's serves 1.5-2 meters behind the baseline. But Clijsters doesn't like returning the serve from 2 meters behind the baseline.Clijsters always returns the serves at the baseline.And this will be advantage for Clijsters at this match. Clijsters @1.35 (expekt) Strength : 10/10 Wozniacki - Zvonareva Head to head tied at 3-3. Matches by order : Vera-Caro-Vera-Caro-Vera-Caro. Wozniacki will be more fresher than zvonareva. Wozniacki had one day off while zvonareva played with Clijsters for white group leadership.Wozniacki guaranteed the year end number 1 ranking. So she will be more relax. Zvonareva didn't play good against clijsters although she won that match.Wozniacki , is better at returning the service than clijsters. Clijsters broke zvonareva's service many times.So Wozniacki can break the zvonareva's service too..Wozniacki was injured in the last match against zvonareva at the beijing. She won that match. Wozniacki has more chance in this match than in beijing. What worries me about this match is Wozniacki's backhand. Her backhand did not work well at this tournament.But at this match she will need this. At least she must stay in the rally with her backhand.However , Zvonareva does not have inside-out forehand strokes like Stosur. So wozniacki can deal with zvonareva's forehand. Wozniacki @1.80 (expekt) Strength: 10/10

Re: Tennis - 25-31 October Tincy wee double in the pipeline for semi-final day. Jurgen Melzer takes on Nicolas Almagro in the semi-final of Vienna and despite his poor showing against Lukasz Kubot in his last match, I expect him to take care of the Spaniard. Almagro's done pretty well to get this far on this surface. Normally he baulks at anything other than the red stuff. He's been ropey though, losing a set to Santiago Giraldo and Juan Ignacio Chela. Melzer's defending his crown here and will have home support. He can play on this surface and has better timing off the ground in these conditions. I thought about the -3 game handicap but in the end, I decided to let it pass - Melzer's not been in steamrollering form, so I'll double him up with Ivan Ljubicic. The Croat is in the semis of Montpellier and takes on Albert Montanes for a place in the final. Montanes had one hell of a match with Nikolay Davydenko yesterday. Both me were choking in the third set but the Spaniard, who is not a natural indoors, just held on. I think Ljubicic is a tough ask for him here though. The Croat is serving out of a tree at the moment and has all the weapons to be strong in his service games. Montanes throws in too many "gift" serves which will allow Ljubicic to get into the rallies. The double comes up at 2.17, so I'll have a play, albeit with a token stake. Selection: - Jurgen Melzer (vs Nicolas Almagro) x Ivan Ljubicic (vs Albert Montanes) @ 2.17 with Victor Chandler (2/10) :hope

Re: Tennis - 25-31 October Today's hard day to predict something. In my view bookies settle all lines right. Just going with one bet in womens tennis with very small stake: Wozniacki to win 2-0 v [email protected] Pinnacle (2/10) I think it's the final of this tournament and the girl who'll win today, gonna win all tournament. It's first and second world rackets, H2H is 3-3, both on form and only advantage that i can see for Wozniacki is fatigue factor. Zvonareva played yesterday and Wozniacki had a day off. In this tournament fatigue is really important because in these kind of matches where top 8 girls are playing, every match require a lot of strenght. Small stake and it's won't be a tragedy if i loose. It's gonna be a very interesting match and, imo, Carolina will prove why she is first in the world. (and also why she is most beautiful girl on tour. :lol) Good luck for all. :hope

Wozniacki to win 2-0 v [email protected] Pinnacle (2/10) Won
Nice win at nice price. Today i can't understand the price for Wozniacki win. She's in super form and 2nd world racket lost a set 0-6 to her. It means something. Haven't seen Cljsters this week but i think it's time for first loose against first world racket. t. Two small bets in this match. Wozniacki to win v [email protected] Pinnacle (3/10) Wozniacki to win 2-0 v [email protected] (Pinnacle 2/10) Also going with Monfils and Youzhny at Montpellier and St. Peterburgs finals. I think Ljubicic and Kukushin are not there where they belong to be. They both had a great week but it's time to stop. Youzhny was strugling all week but it's world class player and they know how to concentrate at such a important matches like final. Youzhny is class above kazakh and playing home so i can't see nothing but russian win. Last year Youzhny won against Kukushin 6-2,6-1. This year it will not be so easy but mikhail must win it comfortably Umpire done two big mistakes in Ljubicic and Nieminen third tie break. Both in Ljubicic favour so he's there by accident. Monfils had great week. He won against two big servers Isner and Tsonga so big serve whom Ljubicic has is not a big problem for french. He's playing home and will have big boost from the crowd. Surface is very quick and both players like that so it'll be interesting match to watch and in the end, imo, Monfils will lift a trophy. Monfils and Youzhny double Kukushin and [email protected] Pinnacle (5/10) Good luck for all today. :hope

Re: Tennis - 25-31 October One bet for me today. I think it's very hard to see past Mikhail Youzhny in today's final in St Petersburg. Mikhail Kukushkin has played exceptionally well to get this far and has played less tennis than the Russian this week, but I reckon Youzhny will let his class show in this one. He gobbled up Kukushkin last year 6-2 6-1 and although the Kazakh has improved markedly since then, I still think, in a final in Russia against an opponent ranked higher and who is gunning for the World Tour finals, he's got a really hard task. Youzhny has stuttered his way into the final, facing match points against him when playing Victor Hanescu and Dmitry Tursunov, but his will to get through those moments suggests he's desperate to win here. This is also Kukushkin's first ever final, and I reckon nerves could get the better of him to begin with. The -3 games AH line is attractive at 2.04 and I'm willing to take a piece of that. Selection: - Mikhail Youzhny -3 games AH (vs Mikhail Kukushkin) @ 2.04 with Pinnacle (6/10) :hope