** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: India vs Australia - ODI Series

After a cracking test series, India and Australia do battle in a 3 match ODI series which begins on Sunday. All 3 matches are live on Sky.

Sun Oct 17 03:30 GMT | 09:00 local 04:30 BST 1st ODI - India v Australia Nehru Stadium, Kochi 38.png 23 - 28° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Scattered Thunderstorms Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Wed Oct 20 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 10:00 BST 2nd ODI - India v Australia Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam
N/A
Sun Oct 24 03:30 GMT | 09:00 local 04:30 BST 3rd ODI - India v Australia Nehru Stadium, Fatorda, Margao
N/A

Re: Cricket: India vs Australia - ODI Series Hi everyone. India vs Australia 1st ODI Selection India Strength 10/10 Date 17/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.80 Reasoning India won the Test Series and ODI series starting on Sunday. India clear favourite, playing at home, Sehwag, Gambhir, Dhoni, Vijay, Raina and Tendulkar all available for this match and in bowling players they have Harbajhan and Zaheer fit, also Ojha is doing some good job so i expect him to play too. Australia showed poor stuff this two Test matches. In my opinion it was more probable to see draw series but Australia made very bad second innings in both matches and lost them in the last day. For me, India clear favourite, i expected 1.66 or 1.57. 1.80 is more than I expected so I go with it. Im quite confindent in this pick, not for giving a stake 10 but maybe 5 or 6. Also i'm waiting for player's performance handicaps, Raina and Sehwag should make many runs. I'll post again.

Re: Cricket: India vs Australia - ODI Series :welcome to PL tripcore :ok.

Reasoning India won the Test Series and ODI series starting on Sunday. India clear favourite, playing at home, Sehwag, Gambhir, Dhoni, Vijay, Raina and Tendulkar all available for this match and in bowling players they have Harbajhan and Zaheer fit, also Ojha is doing some good job so i expect him to play too.
Unfortunately only Dhoni, Vijay and Raina of all those players you've named above are available for India on Sunday.

Re: Cricket: India vs Australia - ODI Series 5 I'd have thought mate. Would imagine the top 4 would be Marsh, Warner, Clarke, White. Hussey at 6, Paine 7 then Hopes and the bowlers. Obviously Hopes or Paine could open and Marsh bat in the middle order but if he plays I'd see Ferguson at 5 after White.

Re: Cricket: India vs Australia - ODI Series Thanks for that, think I'll have a little punt on him in that case. 1pt - Callum Ferguson top Australian run scorer - 8/1 (Stan James) I like Ferguson a lot from what I've seen of him and think he will be a really crucial player for Australia in the run in to the World Cup. He's a player who deals in ones and twos initially but when required he has the ability to find the boundary so is perfectly suited to the ODI format. I'm not too sure how much cricket Marsh and Warner have had recently and they're the kind of players who are fairly hit and miss so at shortish prices they don't seem to be value. Additionally Clarke is way out of form so I think the battle for top scorer could well be between Cameron White and Callum Ferguson. But at the 8s available, I'm happy to side with Ferguson who has had recent cricket in the Champions League and is well adept at ticking over runs against both the quicks and more importantly the spinners. In this short series, one innings of substance is all that is required so happy to take a small punt on Ferguson here.

Re: Cricket: India vs Australia - ODI Series 2 outrights for me in this series. 3pts Australia to win ODI Series 11/10 Boylesports The recent test series between these two was pretty tight in terms of the two matches themselves and the way they went down to the last day on both occasions. I see no reason why that will change here either. The difference in the test series was the spin quality available to the Indians when the wickets were worn but that won't come into play as much in this series with wickets being used for no more than 100 overs at any time. I also don't think R Ashwin is in the same class as Ojha or Harbhajan just yet. Australia have a decent spinner themselves in this series in Steve Smith but I think most of the damage will be done by the seamers and in McKay and Bollinger the Aussies have a couple of seamers in decent nick. Both sides are playing reserve teams but with Clarke in charge of the Aussies and not Ponting I think at odds against the tourists can go home with the ODI series to their names. 1pt M.Hussey Top Australia Series Batsman 7/1 Stan James Michael Hussey didn't have a particularly good test series but his preparation for that wasn't helped in any way by his Champions League appearance on totally different wickets in South Africa. We all know what Hussey's about in one day cricket though. He paces his innings really well and importantly for me he's one of only 2 main batsmen in this Australia side who've got themselves acclimatised to these wickets by playing in the test series. Clarke is the other one but he's got the captaincy pressures on his shoulders. Tim Paine went well in the tests but I don't think he's a certain opener in this series. Hussey's quality often stands out in these ODI series when his team need him to go well and 7/1 is too big for a guy who will bat at 4 or 5. I'm happy to take Mr Cricket here.

Re: Cricket: India vs Australia - ODI Series 1st ODI tomorrow looks like being heavily rain affected so I shan't take anything there. Instead I'll hope we get a good start with the outrights with any play we do get and I'll come back with usual bets for the 2nd ODI on Wednesday.

Re: Cricket: India vs Australia - ODI Series The first ODI was washed out but we should get a full game tomorrow at Vizag. 3pts - Yuvraj Singh Player Performance Points 36 & over - 5/6 (bet365) Yuvraj Singh comes into this mini series with lots to prove having been pushed way down the pecking order in test cricket. However Yuvraj is a quality ODI performer and with the World Cup just round the corner, he will want to put on a good showing to remind the selectors of what they cannot afford to miss out on. With India's openers being a new pair, the Aussies could well get an early breakthrough leaving Yuvraj to have plenty of overs to bat at number 4. Australia's bowlers are nothing to write home about so Yuvraj shouldn't be overly troubled. Added to the fact he is starting to field at point again and rolls his arm over quite a bit in ODI cricket, a target of 36 points seems attainable from the man from Punjab. All in all, I'm happy to take the overs here.

Re: Cricket: India vs Australia - ODI Series 2 for me. 4pts 2nd ODI - India Most 6's 6/5 Stan James I was thinking of taking over in the 6's market as this is a small ground by Indian standards. The two ODI's to have been held here have seen double figures in the 6's column but this is the 1st game of this series so I'll go a bit safer. India have big hitters all the way down their batting lineup. M Vijay, Suresh Raina, Yuvraj Singh, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni and even Praveen Kumar can all swipe the ball a long way. Australia in contrast are carried a bit by Dave Warner in the 6 hitting. Paine isn't known for hitting it miles, Clarke certainly isn't and neither is Callum Ferguson. Hussey can be hit or miss in 6's but White can give it a crack. Either way in terms of hitters India by far outweigh Australia. Australia have a youngish bowling attack on display here and so they're young seamers could go a bit. India are pretty experienced with the ball and at 6/5 I'm happy to take India to hit the most 6's in this 1st but officially 2nd ODI. 3pts T.Paine's Performance Pts - 39&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Tim Paine has been in some excellent form with the bat on this tour so far. He's got a couple of half centuries and a 20 odd to his name int he 4 test innings and he's as solid as a rock behind the stumps. He'll move up to open the batting in this match so he'll have more than enough time to get this total covered with the bat but should he fail there I still think there's mileage for him to score points with the gloves. India have an attacking batting lineup who could easily walk past a Steve Smith one which turns or in humid conditions the likes of McKay could get the ball to swing and take the edge. With the form he's been in with the bat though Paine will be confident of nailing 39 and more at the top of the order and with potential for points elsewhere I'm happy to be on the overs here.

Re: Cricket: India vs Australia - ODI Series 6 X 6'S off the last 3 overs for Australia... just 1 before that.... tut tut... sloppy from India, they went for 84 off the last 5...16.8 runs per over... they'll struggle to beat 7!! White and Clarkes innings also hurt Hussey's chances of top bat.. his 69 was looking to be maybe 20 or 30 short of Clarke with one ODI to play until the carnage at the end makes him 20 behind White (70 off his last 24 balls!!!) and 42 behind Clarke, still, Australia's chance of defending the total and taking the lead has improved after their slow start and Paine needs 30 points, 3 catches or a catch and a stumping...

Re: Cricket: India vs Australia - ODI Series That couldn't have gone much worse. Neither bet was close to winning, Australia couldn't defend 290 and Hussey is 40 odd behind with one innings left. The only plus being the over 9.5 6's would've lost as well so that eased my mind at least. -7 at the minute, staring -11 in the face so will need a very good Sunday :(.

Re: Cricket: India vs Australia - ODI Series

The first ODI was washed out but we should get a full game tomorrow at Vizag. 3pts - Yuvraj Singh Player Performance Points 36 & over - 5/6 (bet365) Yuvraj Singh comes into this mini series with lots to prove having been pushed way down the pecking order in test cricket. However Yuvraj is a quality ODI performer and with the World Cup just round the corner, he will want to put on a good showing to remind the selectors of what they cannot afford to miss out on. With India's openers being a new pair, the Aussies could well get an early breakthrough leaving Yuvraj to have plenty of overs to bat at number 4. Australia's bowlers are nothing to write home about so Yuvraj shouldn't be overly troubled. Added to the fact he is starting to field at point again and rolls his arm over quite a bit in ODI cricket, a target of 36 points seems attainable from the man from Punjab. All in all, I'm happy to take the overs here.
At least someone made some money!! Good call Westy!

Re: Cricket: India vs Australia - ODI Series Was going to look into bets for this match but reading a couple of the Aussie players twitters accounts we ain't going to get a game with all the rain there's been. Reluctantly I'll just have to accept the big loss on the series and move on.