** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Finnish SM-league & Mestis 07-31 October

Re: Finnish SM-league & Mestis 07-31 October

Sport Ice Hockey
Event HPK - HIFK
Selection Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 16/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betsafe @ 4.20
Reasoning HIFK is first in the league after playing 12 games and winning nine of them (two after regulation). They've been a real force on home ice scoring 35goals in seven games but on road they've been pretty quiet with only nine goals scored in five road games. HPK has done okey so far winning six games of 12 played. They've the exact same home and away record with three wins and three loses (one after loss after regulation). My initial thought was to bet on HIFK as they've been playing so well but their away record ain't that impressive. Out of those five road games three have been decided by only one goal (four if you count the one with an empty netter). So certainly HIFK plays more passively/defensive on road. I'm also expecting HPK to come out very organised and play along with HIFK's defensive tactics so to speak; they can't afford to rush it as HIFK has the offensive skill to make mistakes costly. So in my opinion this is one of those 50/50 games and a draw after 60mins shouldn't be too far away.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Kärpät - Pelicans
Selection Kärpät
Strength 10/10
Date 16/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 1.95
Reasoning Kärpät has been a great home team which ain't that surprising, after all they are concidered one of the favourites to win the league this season. They've picked up their home form nicely after dropping two of first three games on home ice: Kärpät has won four home games in a row and all with atleast a two goal difference. Pelicans have faired okey so so far but it ain't due to their road record: they've lost six of seven road games so far (three after regulation). These teams already met once this season in the same fixture when Pelicans got their lonely road win (0-3). It's hard to see this happening again as Kärpät has settled since then and surely have a bone to pick with the Pelicans after that humiliating lose. Although Pelicans can be a hard opponent to beat the home win odds are still too high to pass closing on in evens.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event �ssät - Lukko
Selection Lukko (0) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.89
Reasoning Two teams with identical records from last ten games clashing here: Seven wins (one after regulation) and three loses. These teams met once this season on Lukko's home ice. Surprisingly Ässät came out on top as the final score was 2-3. Since then Lukko has improved especially on the offensive zone: Lukko has scored eight powerplay goals in last three games (two, three and three). Again I'am counting on Lukko to come out with a mission and return the favour as Ässät humiliated them in front of their home fans earlier this season. I think the most important change is Lukko's improvement on their pp as Ässät is a very penalty prone team. Pinnacle offers a nice price on Lukko (0) as incase the game ends in a draw after regulation you get your money back.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event TuTo - SaPKo
Selection SaPKo (+1.0) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.82
Reasoning After losing nine of the first ten games TuTo has picked up two comfortable wins in a row: First on home ice 8-2 against LeKi and then on road 1-4 against D-Team. This can't be taken too seriously as they followed their seasons first win, which was a 1-7 trashing on road, with a five game losing streak. SaPKo on the other hand has done better winning six of ten games played and are 3rd at Mestis so far. Their away record stands at three wins and two loses (one loss after regulation). They've scored 21 goals and allowed 16 in those road games. TuTo has won 14 of the last 15 meetings between the teams during the last three season (!!). Odds reflect on that heavily. While TuTo has been the big bad wolf to SaPKo in recent season they are different teams this year and especially TuTo has been totally lost. Could be that SaPKo's mysteriouysly frozes again playing against TuTo but the seasons performances don't back up that theory.

Re: Finnish SM-league & Mestis 07-31 October TuTo 5-2 SaPKo Kärpät 4-4 Pelicans (after regulation) HPK 6-2 HIFK TPS 1-4 JYP Ässät 2-2 Lukko (after regulation) ------------- So one win, one push and three lost. Running so bad that it just crossed the borderline to being funny :lol The final nail to the coffin was the Kärpät game, or to be more specific Kärpät's goaltender. I really hope he got paid well for throwing the game (j/k ofcourse) :clap

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Jokerit - Blues
Selection Blues
Strength 10/10
Date 17/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 3.10
Reasoning Both of the teams have had quite a rollercoaster ride so far, pretty much splitting their games so far. Jokerit with five loses after 11 games and Blues with six loses after 11 games. Both team's goal differential is slightly on the plus side (Jokerit +3 and Blues +4) with Jokerit playing a bit more offensive game so far. Blues hasn't enjoyed much succees on the road so far winning only one game of five played. Last rounds game was on road against HIFK where Blues was the better team but the opponents goalie apparently made some excellent saves and the game ended 2-1 for the home team. Jokerit hasn't impressed at home either as they've racked two wins (one after regulation) in three games. In all seriousness that's a low amount of games and opponents where tough JYP, Lukko and Pelicans (well, Pelicans seem to be hard to beat in regulation). So Jokerit is returning home after a four game road trip. Won't be an easy task in this rivalry game (have heard the word derby thrown around aswell) as the cities are literally within stone throw of each other. Blues impressed me against HIFK whom I rate higher than Jokerit so I'm going to go for the value and bet on the road dogs. Also notable that Blues has the advantage in the goaltender department with Tarkki.

Re: Finnish SM-league & Mestis 07-31 October Jokerit 3-2 Blues [shots on goal 23-39] -------------- Hmm... so sm-league keeps kneeing me in to the groin. Happy about the fact that the gameplay went my way, Blues outshot Jokerit almost 2:1. Very frustrating to say atleast, great bet but no cake :sad

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Kiekko-Vantaa - KooKoo Kouvola
Selection Kiekko-Vantaa (0) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 18/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.14
Reasoning Both teams with 17 points collected from 10 games played so far. Kiekko-Vantaa has been a force at home with a perfect record. They've picked up five wins withing regulation from five home games scoring 21 goals and allowing just five. KooKoo has been moderate on road winning two (one after regulation) and losing three (one after regulation). The fact that makes Kiekko-Vantaa an underdog tonight is that KooKoo hasn't lost against them withing regulation in the last 11 meetings (during last three seasons) and KooKoo has actually won nine of those in regulation. Still I have to look at this season's peformances and Kiekko-Vantaa has been unstoppable on home ice which makes me take a bite at Kiekko-Vantaa (0) priced over evens.

SportIce Hockey
EventKiekko-Vantaa - KooKoo Kouvola
SelectionKiekko-Vantaa (0) (Asian-handicap)
Strength10/10
Date18/10/2010
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.14
ReasoningBoth teams with 17 points collected from 10 games played so far. Kiekko-Vantaa has been a force at home with a perfect record. They've picked up five wins withing regulation from five home games scoring 21 goals and allowing just five. KooKoo has been moderate on road winning two (one after regulation) and losing three (one after regulation). The fact that makes Kiekko-Vantaa an underdog tonight is that KooKoo hasn't lost against them withing regulation in the last 11 meetings (during last three seasons) and KooKoo has actually won nine of those in regulation. Still I have to look at this season's peformances and Kiekko-Vantaa has been unstoppable on home ice which makes me take a bite at Kiekko-Vantaa (0) priced over evens.
For those following...Bwin go 2.35 :ok

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Blues - TPS
Selection Blues (-1.0) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 19/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.97
Reasoning Blues is coming off two road loses in to tonights game. They were against tough opponents HIFK and Jokerit so no shame in losing both by one goal margin. Still they were really unlucky to come away with nothing as they were better team on the ice in both of those games. TPS continues to be the point machine of the league as they've lost 12 games of 13 played (one after regulation). All six road games have ended in a regulation time loss. Hard to see TPS getting anything from tonights, Blues is hungry for points and has been playing well of late. Should be an another beating for TPS.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event JYP - Jokerit
Selection Jokerit
Strength 10/10
Date 19/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 3.90
Reasoning JYP is coming off an easy 1-4 road win against TPS. Before that they struggled on home ice and beat Pelicans in overtime 3-2 and lost 2-0 against HIFK. Maybe their performance is indeed dropping abit. Jokerit has done okey lately winning three of the last five played. Both loses were after regulation and ended in the same score 5-4. Their powerplay has been working well of late and overall finishing has been very opportunistic to say atleast. The league leader JYP hasn't lost so far this season on home ice, they've recorded six wins there so far. Jokerit has been a threat on road winning four of eight games (one after regulation) and they've actually lost only twice in regulation during those road games. These teams met once this season and Jokerit won 4-3. I expect again a tight game and Jokerit should have a fair chance to win this thing in regulation. Great odds just under four.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Pelicans - �ssät
Selection Over 5.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 19/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.07
Reasoning Both of these teams have been hard to beat in regulation. Ässät with only three regulation time loses in 12 games and Pelicans with only four. Ässät has been the better team of the two but I find it hard to predict the winner in this case and the visitors odds aren't that great. On the other hand both of the teams enjoy playing pretty offensively so I'll opt for the o/u betting. There has been 6.0 goals scored on average in every Pelicans match so far. The same number for Ässät's match is 5.67. I watched the latest Pelicans match and their defense is a mess but they don't give up offensive. This should make for an entertaining clash and the odds being over evens for o5.5 makes it even better.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Saipa - Kalpa
Selection Over 5.0 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 19/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.06
Reasoning Saipa's gameplay has improved a bit but they can't seem to find the means to win games. They've lost four games from six gome games so far. Kalpa has been all over the place lately, in last four games they've allowed 11 goals and scored 16. Kalpa's away record stands at three wins (one after regulation) and three loses. Again it's hard for me to pick the winner but the o/u offers value in my opinion. In six Kalpa's road games there has been 6.33goals scored on average per game. The sama number for Saipa's home games is 5.83. No idea why the over limit has been set as low as 5.0 as I see goals coming tonight, mainly because Kalpa has played like a twister of late. Good value on over 5.0 goals with odds over evens.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event HIFK - Kärpät
Selection HIFK (-1.0) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 19/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.11
Reasoning HIFK has been the best home team so far winning all seven games on home ice (two after regulation). They've scored 35goals and allowed 14 during those games. Kärpät has been good at home but on road it's an another story. They've lost all five road games (one after regulation) while scoring only six goals and allowing 14 during those games. Kärpät looked arrogant and sluggish in their last game against Pelicans. Their defense was all over the place and they didn't seem to want to get pshysical allthough it was their home game. With HIFK being the best home team so far I'm thinking they should sweep lowly Kärpät eaily under the rug. HIFK to win with a comfortable fashion shouldn't be too optimistic.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Lukko - Ilves
Selection Over 6.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 19/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 2.65
Reasoning Both of the teams have been good offensively and loose in the defense. Lukko has scored 34goals and allowed 27goals in the last ten matches played. The same numbers for Ilves are 32scored and 33allowed. Lukko's powerplay has been excellent of late and Ilves defense with some shaky goaltending has been notorious for allowing many goals for few chances. This just might be a goalfest and I'll take my chances with Expekt's over6.5goals.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Tappara - HPK
Selection HPK
Strength 10/10
Date 19/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.80
Reasoning Teams in opposite forms at the moment. HPK has been flying high winning six games of last eight played and they've scored atleast three goals in all four latest games. Tappara on the other hand has lost six games of last seven played and has allowed atleast four goals in last three games. Tappara surprised by winning the first meeting of the season on road 2-4. Now with the teams with so opposite forms it's very hard to see Tappara coming off with any points. All the momentum seems to be on HPK's side at the moment. Good odds on the away ¨dog¨.

Re: Finnish SM-league & Mestis 07-31 October Blues 3-0 TPS HIFK 3-1 Kärpät Lukko 3-4 Ilves Saipa 2-2 Kalpa JYP 1-0 Jokerit Pelicans 1-3 Ässät Tappara 1-3 HPK ----------------- 4/7. Quite happy with that. Unlucky with the Saipa-Kalpa over5.0goals as all four goals were already scored at 32.00 played.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Sport - LeKi
Selection Sport (-1.0) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 20/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.11
Reasoning Sport's home form stands at six wins from six games. I must point out that three of those wins are after regulation and the three regulation wins where won atleast by three goals. Sport has had a little problems winning in regulation as they've played five draws in the last six games. LeKi has lost four times in regulation of six road games so far. Only one regulation loss ended by one goal difference. Leki is in a dismal form losing four of it's last five games. All four loses where by two goals or more. Sport has been winning but not alot of late. I think tonight is a perfect chance to get that chanced around and score a punch against lowly LeKi. The visitors have the leagues 2nd worst defense allowing 44goals in just 12games (3.67goals per game) and with their even worse form it's likely to be a long night.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event K-Laser - Hokki
Selection K-Laser (-1.0) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 20/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betsafe @ 2.23
Reasoning The leaguest best home team against the worst. K-Laser has won six of it's seven home games (one after regulation) scoring 25goals and allowing 20 goals during those matches. Two of those games where won by atleast two goals. Hokki has been so bad on road this season that it's almost impressive. They've lost all five of their road games in regulation scoring only four goals and allowing 21goals during those matches. Four of those games where lost by atleast three goal difference. K-Laser should continue it's impressive home form tonight. Hokki's away record so far tells me that they must turn their brains to holiday mode while going on a road trip.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event HPK - Lukko
Selection HPK over 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 21/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.80
Reasoning HPK has been playing very well of late winning four games in a row. They've scored atleast three goals in last five games. HPK has averaged 3.43 goals scored in seven home games so far. Lukko has been struggling a bit of late mainly because their defense. They've allowed ten goals in last three games. Lukko has averaged 3.0 goals allowed in eight road games so far. HPK should win this but Lukko has the firepower to make the games tight although allowing many goals. Lukko's defense has been all over the place and in their last game they managed to lose a 3-0 home lead against lowly Ilves. I think it's save to assume HPK will score a punch of goals tonight.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Ilves - �ssät
Selection �ssät over 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 21/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.80
Reasoning Ilves has been quite the rollercoaster team so far. They've scored lots of goals but unfortunately they've allowed even more. Ilves has allowed atleast three goals in seven of last ten games played. They've averaged 3.14 goal allowed in seven home games. Ässät is in great form winning six straight games coming to tonighst match. They've scored atleast three goals in seven of last ten games played. Ässät has averaged 3.0 goals scored in six away games so far. Ässät should continue their great streak tonight but as stated Ilves has the offense to linger on to make games tight. Luckily Ilves' defense is shaky at best and they tend to allow many goals although dominating games. Ässät should get on the board a plenty tonight.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Kalpa - Blues
Selection Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 21/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 4.20
Reasoning Kalpa has scored just 15 goals and allowed the same amount in seven home games this season. That's 4.29 goals per match. Three of those games have ended with one goal difference and two have gone to overtime. Blues has scored 14goals and allowed 18goals in six away games. That's 5.33 goals per match. One match has ended with a one goal difference and one has gone to overtime. This should be a tight and lowscoring affair. Kalpa likes to play it close to the chest at home and Blues is pretty passive on road.

Re: Finnish SM-league & Mestis 07-31 October Kalpa 7-3 Blues Ilves 2-2 Ässät (after regulation) HPK 4-6 Lukko ----------------- 1/3 :( Blues has a total meltdown against Kalpa which start with Blues's goaltender giftwrapping the first two goals. Ässät gets on the board very early, just 02.52 played but then the next goal is in the dying moments of the game with goalie pulled. Ilves goalie makes 28 saves in the last two periods to ruin my bet.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Pelicans - Saipa
Selection Pelicans
Strength 10/10
Date 22/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 2.10
Reasoning Pelicans has been struggling losing four games in a row. This is due to tough opponents as during that streak they've played against Ässät, Kärpät, HPK and JYP. Also notable that in both home games Pelicans were the better side but ended up still losing due to lack of finishing. Saipa surely deserves it's place right after the anchor holder TPS. They have one of the worst defenses combined with the worst offense, not a good combination by any imagination. Saipa has lost seven games of last ten played (two after regulation) and have gotten points mostly dragging some games into the overtime. Pelicans is the better team although not showing good form. They have a solid goalie with Hovinen and if there is not many idiotic defensive mistakes then they should be able to take this one pertty comfortably as Saipa is not really an offensive threat. Pelicans has dominated the meeting with Saipa, the same fixture has ended in Pelicans' favour 6/8 times during the last three seasons.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event D-Kiekko - SaPKo
Selection SaPKo
Strength 10/10
Date 22/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 3.10
Reasoning SaPKo is third in the league at the moment winning seven out of 12 games played (one after regulation). They've scored 46goals and allowed 37goals during those games. SaPKo has won three away games out of six played. D-Kiekko is 9th in the league and they've lost seven out of 12 games played (one after regulation). They've scored 34goals and allowed 42goals during those games. D-Kiekko has lost four out of six home games played (one after regulation). I think odds reflect D-Kiekko's recent years' success and the fact that they beat league leader Jukurit 2-6 last round. Still they are in horrible form losing seven out of last ten games (one after regulation) and after last two wins they've gone into losing the next three games. SaPKo on the other hand has been a tough opponent doing well also on road. Definetely value on SaPKo's side.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event TuTo - Jukurit
Selection TuTo
Strength 10/10
Date 22/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price Centrebet @ 2.65
Reasoning TuTo had a six game losing streak a couple of rounds ago but they've since overcome that and are showing some impressive form. They've won all last three games outsocring their opponents 17-5. TuTo should be one of the top three teams in Mestis due to end of the season and they're finally starting to play like it. Jukurit has had it great although getting their nine game losing streak snapped by D-Kiekko in the last round (2-6). I think TuTo is overpriced here, although Jukurit's impressive record so far the home team should be concidered a favourite here. Last season Jukurit pulled off a surprise and won both games visiting TuTo. In the three season's before that TuTo won the fixture 7/8 times. Time to get back on track for TuTo.

Re: Finnish SM-league & Mestis 07-31 October Pelicans 1-2 Saipa TuTo 2-5 Jukurit D-Team 5-3 SaPKo -------------- 0/3. Not that pissed about the games really, TuTo was the only bad bet. SaPKo was clearly the better team on ice but still lose the game (last goal was an empty netter). SaPKo goalie with only 23saves and D-Team goalie with 46saves. Pelicans game was a pretty tight affair (as the score tells ya) except for the second period. Pelicans dominated 2nd period but wasted a huge amount of scoring chances. Tough luck, really deserved better :eyes

Pelicans 1-2 Saipa TuTo 2-5 Jukurit D-Team 5-3 SaPKo -------------- 0/3. Not that pissed about the games really, TuTo was the only bad bet. SaPKo was clearly the better team on ice but still lose the game (last goal was an empty netter). SaPKo goalie with only 23saves and D-Team goalie with 46saves. Pelicans game was a pretty tight affair (as the score tells ya) except for the second period. Pelicans dominated 2nd period but wasted a huge amount of scoring chances. Tough luck, really deserved better :eyes
Keep making the right plays and the luck will change!