** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Brazil Serie A October 6th-8th 2010

Wednesday 6 October 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Fluminense FC v Santos FC (23:30 BST) 2.02 3.75 3.85 102.15 %
maximize.gif Grêmio FBPA v Grêmio Prudente (23:30 BST) 1.44 5.1 8.8 100.20 %
maximize.gif Guarani Futebol Club v Botafogo FR (23:30 BST) 2.7 3.4 2.82 101.91 %
Thursday 7 October 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Atlético Mineiro v SC Corinthians (01:50 BST) 2.78 3.45 2.7 101.99 %
maximize.gif Atlético Paranaense v Vasco da Gama (01:50 BST) 2.18 3.25 3.95 101.96 %
maximize.gif Ceará SC v SC Internacional (01:50 BST) 2.58 3.35 3 101.94 %
maximize.gif São Paulo FC v EC Vitória (01:50 BST) 1.73 3.95 5.4 101.64 %
Friday 8 October 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Flamengo v Atlético Goianiense (01:00 BST) 1.71 3.75 5.5 103.33 %
maximize.gif Goiás EC v Cruzeiro EC (01:00 BST) 2.96 3.45 2.46 103.42 %
maximize.gif Palmeiras v Avaí FC (01:00 BST) 1.65 3.9 6 102.91 %

Re: Brazil Serie A October 6th-8th 2010 Some early thoughts to start the thread... I saw most of Flamengo recent games, and IMO the team improved forward. It is not just due to Petkovic coming back, he doesn't play much now, they simply look a lot sharper. They could have won in Goias, did well at Gremio who are running wild ATM. Most impressive was their performance vs Flu and Botafogo. Could be the derby factor, but scoring 3 vs the title contenders was great, and the game was wide open to the end. And if they allowed 3 vs Flu, the first half at Botafogo was even better. Flamengo allowed zero goal efforts in 45 mins, with a dozen shots on goal themselves. The free kick Botafogo scored was magic, yet it was the only thing Botafogo managed, it was Fla all the way. In the second they opened up a bit as they were trailing, and IMO were yet again dominating, could have won in injury time with a set piece. I see a victory for hosts here. Can Atletico GO score? The stats put them 5th in the ratings, but I consider them the most overish team in the league along with Mineiro. I will not go for Over 2,5 Goals for less than 2,10 though, after watching Flamengo's tough defending - I think Atletico are coming here for a point, and they will concentrate on defending. Overs with Goias and Atletico Mineiro seem logical - in both games relegation candidates are hosting title contenders. Both Goias and Mineiro got nothing to lose and badly need points, but keeping clean sheets vs these two....On the other hand in both games I see host scoring, so maybe a Goal/Goal double with lower stakes could be better. In my experience though the Overs are better, Victoria failing to score in the last round ruined a magic combo with Goal/Goal, yet Gremio completed the Over in the final minutes. In both games though the guest are favourites for good reason! I also think Ceara will not complain with the points shared vs Inter PA, and it makes no sense to me why are they favourites in this game, unless hosts nick it with a late goal like they did few times. The odds are a reaction to that 2-2 draw in Sao Paolo in the last round, but unless they score first I can't see them picking more than a point. Looks very underish this one... Guarani are defo an in-play material, they fight hard for full 90 mins and often score some late goals that gave them points well deserved. Botafogo are good at shutting the game if they take the lead, but hosts are not fully safe yet, they also need points. I've waited for ages for that late push for top 4 from Palmeiras ( I gave up on Sao Paolo ), but somehow the team can not deliver often at home. Avai have swift counters to upset anyone, I still think that if Palmeiras score first, they will beat the -1 H'cap. I am biased a bit here though, because of a Manager I like...

Re: Brazil Serie A October 6th-8th 2010

Some early thoughts to start the thread... I saw most of Flamengo recent games, and IMO the team improved forward. It is not just due to Petkovic coming back, he doesn't play much now, they simply look a lot sharper. They could have won in Goias, did well at Gremio who are running wild ATM. Most impressive was their performance vs Flu and Botafogo. Could be the derby factor, but scoring 3 vs the title contenders was great, and the game was wide open to the end. And if they allowed 3 vs Flu, the first half at Botafogo was even better. Flamengo allowed zero goal efforts in 45 mins, with a dozen shots on goal themselves. The free kick Botafogo scored was magic, yet it was the only thing Botafogo managed, it was Fla all the way. In the second they opened up a bit as they were trailing, and IMO were yet again dominating, could have won in injury time with a set piece. I see a victory for hosts here. Can Atletico GO score? The stats put them 5th in the ratings, but I consider them the most overish team in the league along with Mineiro. I will not go for Over 2,5 Goals for less than 2,10 though, after watching Flamengo's tough defending - I think Atletico are coming here for a point, and they will concentrate on defending. Overs with Goias and Atletico Mineiro seem logical - in both games relegation candidates are hosting title contenders. Both Goias and Mineiro got nothing to lose and badly need points, but keeping clean sheets vs these two....On the other hand in both games I see host scoring, so maybe a Goal/Goal double with lower stakes could be better. In my experience though the Overs are better, Victoria failing to score in the last round ruined a magic combo with Goal/Goal, yet Gremio completed the Over in the final minutes. In both games though the guest are favourites for good reason! I also think Ceara will not complain with the points shared vs Inter PA, and it makes no sense to me why are they favourites in this game, unless hosts nick it with a late goal like they did few times. The odds are a reaction to that 2-2 draw in Sao Paolo in the last round, but unless they score first I can't see them picking more than a point. Looks very underish this one... Guarani are defo an in-play material, they fight hard for full 90 mins and often score some late goals that gave them points well deserved. Botafogo are good at shutting the game if they take the lead, but hosts are not fully safe yet, they also need points. I've waited for ages for that late push for top 4 from Palmeiras ( I gave up on Sao Paolo ), but somehow the team can not deliver often at home. Avai have swift counters to upset anyone, I still think that if Palmeiras score first, they will beat the -1 H'cap. I am biased a bit here though, because of a Manager I like...
Great work Nicko - keep it up :) I'll shed some light on the Ceara vs Internacional odds - Internacional have already said they'll rest a lot of players for this game after a strenuous campaign. Ceara are a terrible side but even they should be able to take a point against an Internacional side that doesn't know what "depth" means, let alone has it!

Great work Nicko - keep it up :) I'll shed some light on the Ceara vs Internacional odds - Internacional have already said they'll rest a lot of players for this game after a strenuous campaign. Ceara are a terrible side but even they should be able to take a point against an Internacional side that doesn't know what "depth" means, let alone has it!
Hey,hasn't internacional also won the south american champions league?Do they get a bye into the tourney even if they can't qualify thru league standings?Just curious...Which may also factor into this game as they will have no motivation what so ever.

...as they will have no motivation what so ever.
They won the Copa, more than just few week ago. If they lack motivation they could have dropped all games since then... As of motivation, how about these players are doing this for living, and getting paid for it? How about better deals with the current club, or in another league, after playing well? Pride? This game does not interest me anymore, but if Inter drop points, it won't be because they lack motivation...

Re: Brazil Serie A October 6th-8th 2010 Fluminense-Santos = 1 (1.85) bet365 stake 5 / 10 Fluminense 1° position 52 points Santos 8° position 39 points Preview: Fluminense: injured: Deco, Fernando Henrique, Emerson, Diguinho, Diag. Santos: injured: Bruno Rodrigo, Edu Dracena, Bruno Aguiar, Rodriguinho, Marquinhos, Gans, Madson, Marcel, Keirrison. Fluminense is one of the defenses in the league and has not beaten an offensive line the most prolific in the whole competition so far has done a first class championship. Santos sailing in the top positions but given the many absences in the team is unlikely to aspire to a positive result. The meeting is dominated by the greater force and incisiveness of the home team. A slight chance for the visiting team. Sign up for a decline in many books. :hope:hope:hope

Re: Brazil Serie A October 6th-8th 2010 Ceara-Internacional = both teams to score (1.80) bet365 stake 5 / 10 Ceara position 13°° 32 points Internacional 4° position 44 points Preview: Ceara: injured: Diego; Pending: Geraldo. Internacional: injured: Indio, Wilson, Tinga, Rafael Sobis, Kleber; absent: Julie (Brazilian national team), D'Alessandro (Argentina). The International is doing a great league has the best defense. Meeting with an uncertain outcome. The home team is lower for performance and results. So given that the progress of the shares there is considerable indecision with the decline of the three signs I think the bet is more logical both teams to score. :hope:hope:hope

Re: Brazil Serie A October 6th-8th 2010 Atletico MG- Corinthians = both teams to score (1.57) bet365 stake 5 / 10 Atletico Mg position 18° 25 points Corinthians 2° position 49 points Preview: Atletico Mg: injured: Obina, Diego Tardelli, Jata, Fabiano Mendes; absent: Reverend (Brazilian national team), Campos (National ecuador), Daniel Carvahlo (recuperation). Corinthians: injured: Ralf, Ronaldo, Jorge Henrique; absent: Elias (Brazilian national team), Chicao (recuperation). Corinthians is doing a great season battling for the final victory with the Fluminense and Atlético Mg has so far done a poor season. Corinthians has the most attack profiles while Atletico Mg has the largest defense bar. Home team much lower. Development of units does not clearly defined then I think it might be a lot of both teams to score :hope:hope:hope

Re: Brazil Serie A October 6th-8th 2010 Gremio vs Gremio Prudente Gremio have won 4 of the last 5 matches and go into this match on the back of 3 straight wins. Gremio have an average home record of 6-3-4 but they are on good form recently and should see off struggling GR Prudente. 1 win for GR Prudente in 13 away league matches scoring only 8 goals is not a good record and sitting rock bottom of the league, If anything keeps GR prudente up this season then it will have to be home form. GR Prudente have failed to score in the last 4 away matches. In Gremio's 6 home wins this season they have been winning at Half Time in 5 of those matches. Half Time result - Gremio @ 1.91 (Betfair).

Date: 7/10/2010 Competition: Brasileirão A 00:30h Fluminense - Santos preview Handicap Results, -1,5 HOME @1.81 StanJames 3/10 Fluminense is the leader and the most effective league team. At home with an excellent score 9-3-1 and good form in the last five games 3-2-0, although all the opponents were from the lower part of the table. Now, with this match, they began a series of matches against much better teams and tonight they will do everything to play well at home. Deco MF and Mariano DF will miss the first team, as Diguinho MF and Emerson FW (long term). They are important first team players, but the composition of the team returns to the best striker Fred. On the other hand, Santos is in bad shape with only two celebrations in nine rounds. Currently they are in seventh place and play much better at home than as guests. By the way, Santos has received the most goals of all teams in the top half of the table. For two days they welcome Atl. Paranaense, which has three points ahead and that match will probably be more important to them. Tonight, the coach will have some problems with players who can play. Edu Dracena DF, Marquinhos MF and Marcel FW are the standard first team that played the last match, but this missing. Also, the team has several long term injuries players: Rodriguinho MF, Paulo Henrique Ganso MF, Madson MF and Keirrison FW. In eleven matches of these teams when Fluminense hosted, score is 7-2-2; but the last two duels tonight's host didn't win. This season, Santos was the host and then they lost 0:1. Time for a convincing victory Fluminense, I hope. Good luck!
I guess the odds you are quoting are not for that line. Bet365 are @ 3,10 for Flu beating the - 1,5 AH. while the - 0,5 AH is @ 1,85? The only odds that moved a bit during the day are in Ceara, who at one moment were down to 2,25, now up to 2,40. This must be another reaction, to the list of players rested by Internacional. Despite the good home record of Ceara AND THE MISSINGS WITH THE GUESTS the game should be avoided IMO - fatigue is common with so many games played, but Internacional still have ( on paper ) title chances. Why would they rest so many players in the final quarter of the race? A peaceful draw?

Re: Brazil Serie A October 6th-8th 2010 Fluminense x Santos Fine and this match will be an enjoyable encounter. 2 Fluminense team for this match, but at the moment is the struggle for leadership, of course, is of greater importance. Fluminense'den talk about a little bit. Came in the last match against them. But I expected the field had a very different Fluminense. From the very first moments rival Fluminense the castle was under siege. The first half aatabilerdi difference. They come very organized opponents' goal. Compliance with the players dazzles my eyes. In fact, scores a goal and tried to find goals even after they ate counter-attack goal. I think the match was FLUMİNENSE's absolutely right. This is the first 11 games in this match probably will not play Deco. In the draw with Palmeiras and Santos had a fair result. Aşamadılar mediocre first half, but 2 half took a completely different identity. Opponent keeper may fail, but a little forward Deola geçerlerdi but as a team was fortunate because both Deola fortunate hemde Palmeiras Santos 2 turned the ball pole. But no team play Santos'ta. Selfishness in the foreground. The foot of the player everyone wants to throw the ball and this team is hurting goals. ! As for educated guess, plenty of laky Fluminense win a beautiful choice! [email protected] 6 / 10 Betsson 3.5 goals over @ 2.60 4 / 10 Betsson -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------- Atletico Mineiro - Corinthians Than an enjoyable match. More accurately, let's say a week, this week we have something very enjoyable Atletico MG ... This year I expect a lot from a takımdı .. But the need for staff selection Luxemburgo'nun former coach, the players need to play this year, a strange brought them to this point. Team 24 Luxemburgo'nun remained under the command of weeks. In fact, kalınmıştı kovmakta late. I heard instead was fired Luxa respect Dorival JR. arrived. 25. weeks followed by the team the edge. 26. Ceara gözlemlenmişti weeks indi.Etkisi match the edge of the field. 27. MG took the win by playing good football for the first time in weeks. I expected change of 15 Although the struggle would now join the MG Libertadores week but did not. Team players he is currently locked to the head. Teams outside Tardelli has an important missing. Corinthians lost 2 points in the face of Ceara. He is currently the match score alsalar çıkacaklardı more comfortable in this match, but also bad for them can result in lost points. Last matches oynamadılar never bad. In fact, could make the difference, but very open left defender. In addition, a very old team. When the first half, the game koparamadıkları 2 showing signs of fatigue last 30 minutes of tomorrow. Elias to replace the Brazilian national team in this match to be eligible to receive for the field. As for educated guess, plenty of Atletico MG laky tried win! 3.5 goals over @ 2.80 6 / 10 Betsson Atletico [email protected] 4 / 10 Betsson

Re: Brazil Serie A October 6th-8th 2010 Guarani x Botafogo Guarani, the last match İnternacional "displacement" was also defeated. Guarani at home certainly can play internacional match result would have been different. The worst would take a draw at home Guarani. In fact, after eating a bad goal, but now dispersed oynamadılar. Botafogo played very bad in Flamengo match. But Renato's went forward seeing the red card. Then again, is already superior to Flamengo. They had goals in the last minute, and 1 points are agreed. Too bad they will impact the lack of Maicoseul's 6 months. Also in Jefferson goalkeeper in this match does not exist! As for educated guess, the house always wins in this match different playing Guarani! [email protected] 5 / 10 Betsson

Re: Brazil Serie A October 6th-8th 2010 8 out of 10 Atletico Paranaense home games have stayed Under 2.5 Goals And eight of Vasco da Gama's most recent nine away matches have been similarly low-scoring under 2.5.i am just going to go for the logical i hope... Under 2/2.5 @ 1.95 betinternet

Re: Brazil Serie A October 6th-8th 2010 Gremio - Gremio Prudente First of all , this match certainly is not a derby Gremio, playing in recent weeks is really tremendous. Inside the outside does not matter to them. Moreover, despite missing so many! Can not be said well they play the last matches. Counter-attacking football pitch very well reflect the 3 points kaptılar. In fact, they did away what to do. Prudente is that it is over for me. FAN no. Empty tribunes are playing. Extreme lack of player. Prudente trust that I'll have what you now! Gremio -2 @ 2.85 5 / 10 Bet365 -------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------- Atletico PR - Vasco Atletico PR coach is experiencing shock! Technical directors resigned from the deputy, but instead passed. So as not much of a difference. Atletico PR 2 matches lost in the last 13 games only, which results in a tremendous thing for this team. Vasco, Carlos Alberto and Felix in the way and really forced to continue without. Last Goias hard to match up 3 points saved. So assuming that you'll find plenty of games of the match in two of the team moved onto foresee 2.5 goals. 2.5 goals over @ 2.05 5 / 10 In addition, my views about the other matches; Ceara - Internacional Draw @3.25 3 / 10 Sao Paulo - Vitoria Second Team to score? / NO ! @ 2.22 4 / 10

Re: Brazil Serie A October 6th-8th 2010 Atletico PR - Vasco da Gama 03:00CET I am realy in hurry right now and i don´t have much time to write my reasons for this bet, anyway i see this as good home team chance to get positive result against Vasco side, who are in good momentum for the hole second part of the season. Anyway i see them slowing down a bit, so this is real chance for hosts to get victory and 3pts ofcource. Atletico HT draw @2.12 bwin 4/10 Atletico win @2.35 12bet 4/10 under 2.5 goals @1.84 6/10

Atletico PR - Vasco da Gama 03:00CET I am realy in hurry right now and i don´t have much time to write my reasons for this bet, anyway i see this as good home team chance to get positive result against Vasco side, who are in good momentum for the hole second part of the season. Anyway i see them slowing down a bit, so this is real chance for hosts to get victory and 3pts ofcource. Atletico HT draw :clap:clap @2.12 bwin 4/10 Atletico win :eyes @2.35 12bet 4/10 under 2.5 goals :clap:clap @1.84 6/10
overal +5.52 units. :gimme

Fluminense-Santos = 1 (1.85) bet365 stake 5 / 10 Fluminense 1° position 52 points Santos 8° position 39 points Preview: Fluminense: injured: Deco, Fernando Henrique, Emerson, Diguinho, Diag. Santos: injured: Bruno Rodrigo, Edu Dracena, Bruno Aguiar, Rodriguinho, Marquinhos, Gans, Madson, Marcel, Keirrison. Fluminense is one of the defenses in the league and has not beaten an offensive line the most prolific in the whole competition so far has done a first class championship. Santos sailing in the top positions but given the many absences in the team is unlikely to aspire to a positive result. The meeting is dominated by the greater force and incisiveness of the home team. A slight chance for the visiting team. Sign up for a decline in many books. :hope:hope:hope
Ceara-Internacional = both teams to score (1.80) bet365 stake 5 / 10 Ceara position 13°° 32 points Internacional 4° position 44 points Preview: Ceara: injured: Diego; Pending: Geraldo. Internacional: injured: Indio, Wilson, Tinga, Rafael Sobis, Kleber; absent: Julie (Brazilian national team), D'Alessandro (Argentina). The International is doing a great league has the best defense. Meeting with an uncertain outcome. The home team is lower for performance and results. So given that the progress of the shares there is considerable indecision with the decline of the three signs I think the bet is more logical both teams to score. :hope:hope:hope
Atletico MG- Corinthians = both teams to score (1.57) bet365 stake 5 / 10 Atletico Mg position 18° 25 points Corinthians 2° position 49 points Preview: Atletico Mg: injured: Obina, Diego Tardelli, Jata, Fabiano Mendes; absent: Reverend (Brazilian national team), Campos (National ecuador), Daniel Carvahlo (recuperation). Corinthians: injured: Ralf, Ronaldo, Jorge Henrique; absent: Elias (Brazilian national team), Chicao (recuperation). Corinthians is doing a great season battling for the final victory with the Fluminense and Atlético Mg has so far done a poor season. Corinthians has the most attack profiles while Atletico Mg has the largest defense bar. Home team much lower. Development of units does not clearly defined then I think it might be a lot of both teams to score :hope:hope:hope
Balance: 1/3 no profit :wall:wall

Re: Brazil Serie A October 6th-8th 2010 Goias - Cruzeiro 02:00CET Home side is very close to relegation this year and this is must win for them. After losing to Vasco by 3-2, in last round, Goias has just 25 points and they are in penultimate position. Meanwhile, Cruzeiro drew at home with Atletico-PR, by 0-0, is in third place with 48 points. For both sides victory is obligation so i expect goals galore this time. Both teams have weakened defence so i am prety sure in this goals line. over 2.75 goals @2.04 ladbrokes 4/10

Re: Brazil Serie A October 6th-8th 2010 Allthethings will probably disagree with this one, but the rainy weather could be in favour of some surprise results. Ball gets heavy and fast, ball control is more difficult, fast counters are less successful, long range shots could change any game. Players are very familiar with all this, but fact is Corinthians lost last night after lead at HT, Flu couldn't even score, Ceara beat Inter - that's 3 out of 4 top teams losing... I have Palmeiras in a winning treble as the last game, and I agree with Bagzi on the Over in Goias, won't touch anything else... GL

Allthethings will probably disagree with this one, but the rainy weather could be in favour of some surprise results. Ball gets heavy and fast, ball control is more difficult, fast counters are less successful, long range shots could change any game. Players are very familiar with all this, but fact is Corinthians lost last night after lead at HT, Flu couldn't even score, Ceara beat Inter - that's 3 out of 4 top teams losing... I have Palmeiras in a winning treble as the last game, and I agree with Bagzi on the Over in Goias, won't touch anything else... GL
I think wind is more of a factor on goals than rain. Obviously a field that turns into a swamp hurts technical players, but I think scoring (or not scoring) happens for a lot of reasons...players slip, fall down, the ball slips on a player's boot but also slips through keepers' hands. I don't think anyone has ever been able to prove that weather affects scoring to any large degree. In American football, on the other hand, it is well documented that scoring falls in poor weather by taking away the throw and catch. Anyway, I have no opinion on tonight's games, except that Palmeiras -1 fits my strategy...but I think I'm sitting out a few days.

Re: Brazil Serie A October 6th-8th 2010 Palmeiras - Avai 02:00 Great news for Palmeiras players, part of unpaid wages has been payed today, so every player will have extra motivation to get positive result aghainst downtrend Avai side. Moreover two important players will miss for guests, Jefferson and midfielder Diogo Orlando. Palmeiras is on great run and it is now or never to continue with good play this time as hosts. Palmeiras (-1) AH @2.25 bookmaker 6/10

Why can't Palmeiras win at home?
high expectation, extra pressure and must win situation are not good friend for palmeiras. they played much better away when a pressure is off. the other things were unpaid wages, low morale in hole team, financial and political crisis. now part of wages are paid, club get cash injection.