Your No.1 Betting & Poker Community 

Thanks

Default LAY 0 - 0 Football Strategy

LAYing the Draw then BACKing the Draw when the first goal has been scored is fine, in theory, but it can go against you if the un-favoured team scores first, as the Odds can go the 'wrong' way.

So I've had a look at LAYing the 0 - 0 on the Correct Scores market. The theory is that no matter who scores the first goal you've won.

Now, if a goal isn't scored by the time the BACK odds on the 0 - 0 Correct score get to a 'critical' level, whereby you can trade-out with a loss of your original LAY stake, then the theory is that you would take that loss BUT then make a LAY trade on an unlikely Correct Score of, say 3 - 3 (you'll probably need funds!!). I'm thinking that in the event of a goal not being scored, then it will take until about half-time for the BACK odds to reach the 'critical' level.

If the scores go with you (i.e. a goal is scored), then my theory is that you make another LAY bet on the current score (i.e. hoping another goal is scored), and keep doing this but keeping an eye on the 'critical' level of the BACK odds so you always trade-out with just the loss of your original LAY stake, then make a LAY trade on an unlikely Correct Score.

e.g. (1)
    0 - 0; LAY odds = 9.4; stake £10; no goals scored and odds drop to 'critical' level of 4.7; (time into game probably about half-time) now make BACK bet to trade out with loss of -£10. Now look at the 'unlikely' Correct Scores and LAY £10 (or more if you feel confident ... & have the funds) on ,say 3 - 3 (if it's 0 - 0 at half time then it's unlikely that the final score will be 3 - 3).

e.g. (2)
    0 - 0; LAY odds = 9.4; stake £10; goal scored; £10 in the bank; Lay the current score for £10; goal scored; £10 in the bank; either stop at so many 'wins' or keep repeating the process until the BACK odds have reached the 'critical' level.

Basically the theory being that if the game is still 0 - 0 when the 'critical' level has been reached, then it's unlikely that a high score is in the making.

"What does the team think"? Does this sound reasonable? Could the strategy be 'tweaked'?

Thanks

Default Re: LAY 0 - 0 Football Strategy

Working Example.

Ecuador v Costa Rica

Game Start
    0 - 0 LAY £10 @ 9.40 - 'Critical' BACK odds 4.70 7 mins 1 - 0 Running Profit +£10.00 1 - 0 LAY £10 @ 7.60 - 'Critical' BACK odds 3.80 Half Time -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks

The "get-out" clause is crucial - here's my thoughts on it for what they're worth - I've looked at this myself a bit .....

Given that your loss when you get out is your origanal stake (equalised
    -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks

Re: laying a 3-3 or the like when its 0-0 at half-time, I'd have thought that you'd be laying in the region of €2,000 to win your €10 at that stage ..... thats not something I'd like to leave -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa ......do you know statistically how many games are still 0-0 at or approaching half-time? From info I have I

Thanks

Ok - layed 0-0 in the Argie & Holland games to good effect; also layed at 1-0 for 50% of my initial lay so two good games there BUT I layed the 0-0 in the late game & got called away early

Thanks

£50 Free Bet
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa .... does anyone in here know of a program that will run along side betfair & execute a trade for a pre-determined

Thread Information