Your No.1 Betting & Poker Community 

Thanks

Default William Hill Fixed Odds Football Coupons Useless but are they legal?

Hello all,

I was surprised at Hills introduction of football coupons with no prices this season and often wondered what sort of mug would bet on those.

However they still offer "fixed odds coupons" and when I went into a shop yesterday and picked up that days coupon I fancied Sheffield Weds at 10-11 against Peterborough. I was betting only a £10 and my bet was accepted. However when I left the -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks

Default Re: William Hill Fixed Odds Football Coupons Useless but are they legal?

It sounds like quite a poor show from Hills to be honest, and I think it may be related to the fact that they use one of the poorer Epos systems that is used in the industry. (if they still use the
    -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks

Default Re: William Hill Fixed Odds Football Coupons Useless but are they legal?

With the amount of price changes on a coupon I rarely inform people of the changes, it takes to much of my time. However if you came up with a short selection (single,double,treble sizabe stake) I -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks

On the other hand, the bet placed, with a copy of the coupon showing prices, and no mention of altered prices on the customers copy, would, technically, suggest that the bet was agreed at those -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --
    Last edited by FleetFanatic; 22-02-2010 at 17:53.
    "You're just another Internet crazy, or village idiot, claiming that cows fly at night when nobody sees them, Elvis Presley is working as a sales clerk in Millwall, that George Bush was frequently abducted by aliens during his time as president."

http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/152264-Fleet-s-Trebles-amp-Perms

Thanks

it probably saiys somewhere on the coupon that prices are subject to change,and that its up to you to make sure the prices are right so your probably screwed -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks
    Awards: 2

A really long rant over nothing really. Betting markets fluctuate. They have too. If this surprises you, I'd suggest that maybe gambling isn't your thing. Go to bet365.com and check out the horse -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks

>A really long rant over nothing really
    IrishBuggger if this surprises you i suggest online forums may not be your thing ;-}
    all I am saying is if the odds advertised in the shop (on the coupon in -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesn77qs so whats the point of a coupon with prices on? As an advert, nothing more. Yeah, shop staff should tell

Thanks

the bet i placed was a £10 single and they didnt bother telling me the odds changed i only noticed by chance. Obviously now I will always check the odds if i bet in shop. It used to be the case that -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesn77qs Moral: bet online only i guess I'd agree with that.

Thanks

ive just placed 50 quid on poak salonika to win tonight @ 13/8 it said on the coupon, didnt look at my slip till i got home, take a look at the slip and the price has changed to 4/7 im fukin fuming -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks

poak have fotunately won but only getting 4/7 when i thought i was gettin 13/8 leaves a bit of sour taste in the mouth but a wins a win i suppose -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks
    Awards: 1

Quote Originally Posted by cocooma poak have fotunately won but only getting 4/7 when i thought i was gettin 13/8 leaves a bit of sour taste in the mouth

Thanks

i wouldent have minded if they changed the price to even money, or some where around that but a price change from the 13/8 stated on the coupon to 4/7 is fuking ridiculous absolute robbery but as -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks

it is also perfectly legal and the practice at all the major high street bookies these days. and there are so many price changes on a weekly basis that it would not be possible to list them anywhere.

Thanks

Just remember it wasnt the lad or lass behind the counter that did it. In all likelihood, they'll be as mystified as you, or alternatively, clock watching until close. -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectTheUnexpected Just remember it wasnt the lad or lass behind the counter that did it. In all likelihood, they'll be as

Thanks

If I were you, I would phone up Trading Standards, they'll be all over Hills like a pack of Jack Russell's. -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrnice If I were you, I would phone up Trading Standards, they'll be all over Hills like a pack of Jack Russell's.

Thanks

erm. no they wouldnt. its not a supermarket odds move its the nature of the business. i acknowledge thats a pretty large jump but for all i know one of those sides may have been unable to field a

Thanks

It would be interesting to see what happened here- AFAIK no one has ever pursued it to court. To even get this considered by the law, you'd need to go via IBAS first and if you had really deep -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks

A wager is a contract between two parties agreeing on a price (see betfair) prices are fluid and influenced by cash and change. If the punter doesnt like a price they dont have to take the bet. The

Thanks

This has happened a lot to me with corals. Usually decent bets and im never informed.
    I tried to win £100 once for a £20 acca, put bet on, never checked slip, bet won, ALL odds had been cut, -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --
    https://twitter.com/Alienated4Life

Thanks

£250 Free Bet!
    There are usually multiple price changes. At ladbrokes a message tells the cashier at the till if there are price changes so no excuses there. Always check your ticket is the best advice i can give

Thread Information