Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,507 Posts
    Awards: 22

Default Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September

Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur (16:00 BST) 2.16 3.6 3.7 101.10 %

Thanks

Default Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September

Right 3/1 for Spurs, what the hell is with the prices in the premier league this weekend? This season is spurs's best chance of beating Arsenal at the emirates without players sent off for Spurs. Really really fancy Spurs to win this one comfortably by 2 goals to 1. Fans will really turn on wenger after this one. Arsenal could sign messi this week and I'd still say spurs will win this one. They are far better than Arsenal at this present time. Soldado would walk into Arsenal's team as would most of spurs summer signings. Says it all really. Spurs to win this one for me.

Thanks

LOL we will batter Spurs yet again at home.

4. Thanks from: 2

chuda (26-08-2013),shawnuk (01-09-2013)

Thanks

You won't mate. your long way behind them simple as that. Soldado for them upfront. Giroud upfront for you. says it all.

Thanks

Uggh, Giroud will score as many as him this season. Both have 2 in 2 league games, and Soldado's 2 were pens.

'Simple as that'......................

Spurs best chance to get us was last season when Bale constantly pulled them out of the fire yet we still finished above. We had a shocker at Villa but it can happen and the ref was abysmal that day too....we recovered by thumping Fener and Fulham.

And we will 100% beat Spurs on Sunday aswell.
    Last edited by IAmGooner; 26-08-2013 at 17:46.

7. Thanks from: 3

H1 (27-08-2013),Jenda (01-09-2013),shawnuk (01-09-2013)

Thanks

Giroud scored against two **** teams. Spurs 3-1.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1991 View Post
    Adam, keep posting drivel and I will delete all your posts. Put reasoning with your opinions. I am deleting the rest of your daft posts.

10. Thanks from: 3

Galileo (31-08-2013),H1 (27-08-2013),SilverShux (01-09-2013)

Thanks

Taking into account that it is very likely that Gareth Bale will move to Real Madrid, the price on the Gunners is really good in my opinion. Plus Arsenal has a good home record against the Spurs.

But the goals are a better option in my opinion since out of the last 9 games between these two sides:
    - 9 produced 2 or more goals;
    - 5 produced 4 or more goals;
    - 3 produced 5 or more goals; and
    - 2 produced 7 goals

Most importantly last two games at the Emirates ended 5-2 for Arsenal.

Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.65-1.75 is a good pick for an accumulator and Over 3.5 Goals @ 2.70-3.00 is good as a single bet, or can be also added to an accumulator if you like risky bets like myself

Thanks
    Awards: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
    Taking into account that it is very likely that Gareth Bale will move to Real Madrid, the price on the Gunners is really good in my opinion. Plus Arsenal has a good home record against the Spurs.

But the goals are a better option in my opinion since out of the last 9 games between these two sides:
    - 9 produced 2 or more goals;
    - 5 produced 4 or more goals;
    - 3 produced 5 or more goals; and
    - 2 produced 7 goals

Most importantly last two games at the Emirates ended 5-2 for Arsenal.

Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.65-1.75 is a good pick for an accumulator and Over 3.5 Goals @ 2.70-3.00 is good as a single bet, or can be also added to an accumulator if you like risky bets like myself
    I'd be carefully with overs here. Tottenham haven't shown much in the offense and there are improvements needed as Bale is gone and Chadli doesn't look to be an ideal replacment. Lamela will come but I would also wait for maybe another improvement and also whether Lennon will be back. Defence looks good. Arsenal will face a tougher team than Fulham who were poor on Saturday.

13. Thanks from:

Mustafa (26-08-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1991 View Post
    Lol and tottenham struggled to score two in as many games against **** opposition and only thanks to Soldado that spurs got out of jail in games they erally should have won anyway. 2 Wins really flatters them at this stage.

Thanks

Fulham were the too scared to take their chances against Arsenal in disgusting weather conditions. Missed 2 golden opportunities then Arsenal scored and from then on they were rabbits in the head lights.

Poor personnel decisions too leaving Bent and the Eastern European midfielder on the bench to start the game and starting with 4 slow players of: Berbatov, Parker, Sidwell, & Duff so there was no threat for Arsenal so they were free to lauch wave after wave at Fulham.

Won't be the case against a squad full of dangerous players like Spurs. Will be interesting to see how Arsenal's light weight and technically gifted midfielders match up against Spurs powerful middle 3 chosen form Sandro, Dembele, Sigurdsson & Paulinho.

Ultimately I think this area of the field decides the result. When Spurs are in possession who is tasked with breaking up their play and harassing the player in possession...

Will be mulling over this one over the next few days.

Thanks

Also how will all the new Spurs boys react to their first North London derby?

Gunners don't have that problem as they don't have any new boys

Thanks

I have to agree with IAMGooner, it is only Arsenal that can come on top in this game

Despite all the signings Spurs will struggle without Bale I think, as last season it was his maestry that kept them in 4th place race for so long. This season they are have not impressed with their only league goals coming from the penalties.

Arsenal are class above them and with Giroud and Cazorla in fine form, I can see it as a home win.

Arsenal @2.05 9 pts
    Arsenal >2.5 goals @3.75 3 pts
    5-2 @81 0.5 pts
    all with bet365

Thanks

Tottenham Draw No Bet @2.50 William Hill

The simple fact is Spurs have a far stronger squad than Arsenal this season. Bale has been replaced with quality all over the park, and Spurs seem to be very big and tough to break down now with Paulinho and Capoue bossing the midfield. Spurs were all over Arsenal last season until Adebayor's sending off, but this season I sense that Spurs have much more of a backbone.

19. Thanks from:

thegeneral55 (31-08-2013)

Thanks

think spurs will win. my reasoning is in another post....
    Last edited by sajtion; 31-08-2013 at 12:10.

Thanks

Poldolski stretchered off against Ferna. IMO Poldolski > Giroud

Thanks

out for 3 weeks

Thanks

I cant see Spurs losing this one.

Thanks
    Awards: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Almac67 View Post
    I cant see Spurs losing this one.
    Why?

Thanks
    Awards: 3

A lot of negativity towards Arsenal here. It's worth pointing out that Arsenal's problems are with the size of their squad, not the quality of their first XI, which is certainly good enough to compete with Spurs first XI. I was under the impression that Spurs hadn't been that impressive in their first two games.

26. Thanks from:

chuda (30-08-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TotoSchillaci View Post
    Poldolski stretchered off against Ferna. IMO Poldolski > Giroud
    Are you kidding me? Podolski is that kind of player that practically only score against weeker teams like for example Fulham. Even Walcott is better as playing striker them Poldi is.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jase82 View Post
    Why?
    I simply think Spurs have the stronger squad and the momentum at the moment,i think this game will probably finish a draw but if any one wins i think it will be spurs.I will give this game a miss with regards to betting apart from maybe a first/last goalscorer bet.

Thanks

I’m interested to hear why people are focussing on the strength of the relative squads? if we were talking about a match bet over the whole season, I could understand it but this is a one off game where Arsenal are in a position to field a strong first XI. I’d expect us to line up something like:

Szczesny
    Sagna
    Koscielny
    Mertesacker
    Gibbs
    Ramsey
    Wilshere
    Rosicky
    Cazorla
    Walcott
    Giroud

That is essentially the side that finished 4th last season and i’m yet to see evidence that Spurs have improved much since last year. Like Almac says, probably a game best left alone.

30. Thanks from:

SilverShux (01-09-2013)

Thanks

Arsenal have been quite lucky in finishing above Spurs for the past couple of seasons but I really believe that Spurs have strengthened all over the pitch this season. It's just a shame the Lamela transfer probably won't happen in time for him to play a part on Sunday.

Thanks

You can't say Spurs have strengthed when they have no Bale anymore.
    However, I feel the signings they have made is as good as they could have possibly done in the circumstances.
    Chadli, Capoue and Soldado along with Paulinho, a few cracking signings in my opinion.
    They had a tough game away to Palace on the opener and Swansea are never easy so to come away with two wins and two clean sheets, I don't know what else they could have done?

On the flipside if you forget the Villa game, Arsenal have been excellent since. Ramsey has really surprised me, he seems to have improved rapidly. They have 1 huge weakness though, and that is Mertesacker. Spurs have a better defence, Arsenal have better attacking players is my tuppence. I would side with a score draw myself, simply because Arsenal had to play fenerbahce twice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aidymac View Post
    However, I feel the signings they have made is as good as they could have possibly done in the circumstances.
    Chadli, Capoue and Soldado along with Paulinho, a few cracking signings in my opinion.
    They had a tough game away to Palace on the opener and Swansea are never easy so to come away with two wins and two clean sheets, I don't know what else they could have done?

On the flipside if you forget the Villa game, Arsenal have been excellent since. Ramsey has really surprised me, he seems to have improved rapidly. They have 1 huge weakness though, and that is Mertesacker. Spurs have a better defence, Arsenal have better attacking players is my tuppence. I would side with a score draw myself, simply because Arsenal had to play fenerbahce twice.
    Lamela is actually a Spurs players now from what I've read. Furthermore Eriksen is close to signing for them as Ajax confirmed they have accepted an offer from Tottenham. But I think he won't be playing in this match as a deal is not done in his case.

Thanks
    Awards: 4

It wouldn't surprise me if Fenerbache threw the tie tbh. They never had any shots in the first leg. Seems they were going to get kicked out anyway, as they have just been turfed out of the Europa League.

This could be the first North London derby where the unders are a strong possibility. Normally goals are a given but Spurs have signed a lot of players. They'll take a bit of time to gel. Arsenal are probably better in midfield as they look very strong going in the middle of the park. I don't personally understand all the hype over the Arsenal squad - a couple of wins and suddenly they're world class. If we look across the squad, Arsenal are weak defensively and lack options at full back. They also lack an out and out forward as you can't tell me Giroud would be first choice if they had any other players in that position I always thought as well that a great side is measured by the strength of their bench (not just the first IX), and their bench is very weak including all the injuries IMO.

Thanks

It wouldn't surprise me if Fenerbache threw the tie tbh. They never had any shots in the first leg. Seems they were going to get kicked out anyway, as they have just been turfed out of the Europa League.

This could be the first North London derby where the unders are a strong possibility. Normally goals are a given but Spurs have signed a lot of players. They'll take a bit of time to gel. Arsenal are probably better in midfield as they look very strong going in the middle of the park. I don't personally understand all the hype over the Arsenal squad - a couple of wins and suddenly they're world class. If we look across the squad, Arsenal are weak defensively and lack options at full back. They also lack an out and out forward as you can't tell me Giroud would be first choice if they had any other players in that position I always thought as well that a great side is measured by the strength of their bench (not just the first IX), and their bench is very weak including all the injuries IMO.
    You're completely right Jase. People start to hype Arsenal now after advancing to the group stages but forget that Fenerbahce were very terrible.

Thanks

In my eyes, this is the most interesting game of the weekend, and just judging from the discussion above, it appears both sides are pretty confident in their teams chances of winning.
    The long and the short of it is, a fixture like this quite easily can decide who makes CL play next year and who is left out in the cold, and we all know CL = money for the club which = bigger players = more of a chance to stay competitive for a longer spell. I believe that if Spurs had made Champions League play last year, Bale would still be in the fold there (for at least just 2013/14, may have left after the year) and the extra money could have allowed them to bring in a Paulinho and a Soldado still.
    But, Spurs didn't, Bale hasn't played, and a ton of acquisitions have been made/are being made which has thrown this team into a bit of flux to begin the year. While they have created a number of chances/half chances, they have failed miserably in the league in scoring, with just 2 in 2 games, both from the spot. Quite simply, that is not good enough, even moreso when you take a look at the teams you went against so far. These are teams you should be thumping, 2, 3 to nil.
    Arsenal is the team everyone loves to pick on, other than gunner fans. Wenger doesn't make any moves in the off-season on a team that finished a middling 4th. They sell their best talent, Fabregas, RvP to bigger clubs and are reluctant to bring in any difference makers, rather plucking off second tier guys like Podolski and Giroud. They haven't won anything of significance in a long time, while still playing under the luster of a big team ranking with big money. But, they still have a solid club and a number of good, young players in the fold.
    When I'm putting my money out there, I'm looking for value, plain and simple. I can't win every bet I place, so instead I am looking for what should offer me a good return with a good chance of coming in.
    I am not as confident of a comfortable Arsenal home win as some others, and at just +108, I think that is much, much too short to be played. Even moreso now with the knocks they took in midweek game vs Fener.
    I do feel that Spurs at +270 is worth a small shot, but the lack of goals from open play, the lack of Bale's threat (both on the break and from set pieces), I just wouldn't back them other than small.
    But, I do believe that the over is drifting to a price where I would become interested. I know that I've mentioned Spurs have lacked for goals, but they have had opportunity. I don't think that Arsenal will pack it in as much Crystal Palace at home did, nor Swansea on the road. both sides would have been pleased with a point, Swansea barely broke out anyone over half way line. This game should be open, and hell, just look at past results, 3, 7, 7, 3, 6, 5 have been the number of goals scored in their latest league matches. In my eyes, both teams will score at least one, and if they score them in the first half, this one will get to over 3 goals comfortably. I will wait for lineups on this one, but o2.75 at -107 seems very, very tempting to me.

37. Thanks from:

Isak (31-08-2013)

Thanks

People slating Arsenal but apart from the Villa game they have played well (I've seen all 4 games live this season) - the addition of Flamini today will only strengthen them (Podolski out for a while but he never plays every game) - Spurs on the other hand have been less impressive - big win in the Europa League but PL has seen them scrape by with two 1-0 wins (both pens) - they may have lost Bale but have strengthened with 6 or 7 good players and maybe 2 or 3 more to come (whatever happened to Financial Fair Play? ) and they'll need time to bed in

Spurs also have a Europa League game tonight and, while they will rest a few being 5-0 up, they have two days less recovery/preparation than Arsenal

Expect a narrow Arsenal win - probably 1-0 - Ramsey in the form of his life will be good value for first goal but I'll go for Walcott as I think the left side of Tottenham's defence looks a bit weak

Great day's football with the United game on before this

Thanks

Aidy, we had the 2nd best defence in the league last season, behind Man City. He might look ungainly but Mertesacker was a big part of that and is a better defender than Dawson for example. Vermaelen is our weakness.
    Last edited by AK1979; 29-08-2013 at 19:04.

Thanks

Arsenal V Tottenham+0.5 @ 1.825 Bet365 (4 Points)

At even money I just think Arsenal are too short here. I opposed them on the opening day against Villa as a bit if a long shot and I will definitely be opposing them again in this match. I don't think there is much between the two sides and as it stands, Spurs have the better squad IMHO. I expected to see 0.25 handicap here, similar to the prices in the Utd Chelsea match. Tottenham are missing Bale and they do seem to be missing a bit of attacking spark. I'm not a big fan of Lennon and from what little I've seen of Chadli I wasn't overly impressed. But where they do look very good is central midfield areas. They are going to be very hard for teams to break down and I can certainly see them frustrating Arsenal onnSunday. However you dress it up this has been a bit of a disastrous pre season for Arsenal and I think it's a good time for Spurs to catch them. I think they should only be on a +0.25 handicap and as such I'm more than happy to take them on the +0.5 line.

Thanks

Everyone do yourself a favour and stop considering the unpredictable nature of this game with the inconsistent odds and bet everything on over 2.5; at 1.7ish it is an absolute steal!

Thanks

Value looks with +2.5 goals and has now been backed into 1.70. Watched Spurs the other day and they were very good defensively so slight concern Arsenal won’t be able to break them down but being a N London derby, should be fast paced and the overs should cash. Also, last 5 games between the sides at the Emirates have averaged 6 gpg so it should go over. Otherwise, I can’t separate the teams. Need to see how Arsenal react against a quality team to garner whether the Villa game was a blip or the signs of something serious.

+2.5 goals 1.80

Thanks

Mate I didn't want to comment after that game in Turkey because I didn't want to come across as sour grapes (had Fernabache DNB) but it did look to me as if the Turks slept through that whole game and didn't give a toss frankly. I've seen them play MUCH stronger at home.

So aside from these two wins we have the loss to Villa and the win vs Fulham. Watched Fulham play and it was a combination of giving way too much respect to arsenal, playing with fear, wrong 11 picked and wrong tactics deployed.

OK now I still believe Arsenal's 11 are strong and quality players but my point is in these 4 games we haven't seen them truly tested by a strong opponent.

One thing that sticks in my mind is their poor record against the big guns in recent seasons. Because they go to teams and get the nice passes going and it all looks very attractive but doesn't always get right result. More ruthless oppostions (Chelsea, Man U) just boss them.

Spurs by no means are going to have it easy here and you have to give them an allowance of time as so many new players in the team are not going to turn up and start bashing teams 3,4 nil straight off the bat. But what they have shown is that the foundations to achieve those sort of performances have been firmly put in place by AVB, and La Mela and Eriksson are great additions too.

I think that this is the first true test for BOTH teams this season and after this match alot of our questions will be answered.

If you held a gun to my head then I agree with wisey10 on Spurs + 0.5 as I think the odds are good and they have a big chance to take something here and they rested most of the big players today.

PS. I would bet small or not bet at all as no result or amount of goals would be a surprise at this stage
    Last edited by TotoSchillaci; 30-08-2013 at 03:08.

Thanks

food for a thoughts...
    i am hotblooded and hotheaded, biased arsenal fun, who lost more money then won by betting on my own team .. and i will tell you something, arsenal will rip apart tottenham on sunday, tottenham`s new look is little bit overvalued by bling bling money spending ... i better won`t start, how bad they are ( ok , i won`t exaggerate - they didn`t took EPL by storm, playing teams like c. palace and swans at home ) .. if you put together arsenal XI , who are two seasons together, have played CL`s best teams and back to back EPL top 4 and 8 london derby`s,who one day beats barcelona and bayern and next day loses to bradford and aston villa ... against poorly gelling yet ,half team of first timers at emirates in a derby game, and your reasoning are - they have a good ( over payed by miles) signings, they not gonna lose this one @1.8 EH (+0.5) ... how do you bet ?? are you actually making money this way ? at any 50/50 event to pick anything under 2/1 is straight road to zero balance, pure math !
    you are not picking out value bets, you are guessing from your biased opinion ! if you really cannot pick in all sunday`s fixture list, more stable encounter, then only value here is,like pay day here said, since in last 3 seasons all encounters went over 2.5 and all won btts, to play them in a long run ... since they down to only btts @1.57 and over 2.5 @1.66 with paddypower , i am not taking them as a singles , but will add them to acca.
    to enjoy this derby properly, i am putting tenner on scorecast with paddypower money back special - If this match ends in a draw, we will refund all losing First Goalscorer, Last Goalscorer, Correct Score & Scorecast singles on the match. - girourd to score first and arsenal to win 3 - 2 @67 ... even i don`t believe so high scoreline , it`s just, this derby worst a crazy small punt for me ..
    so be wise, pragmatic and cool headed then you bet

P.S. ... no offence spurs fans, i would rather see us both in top 4 over any other big 3, rather then sharing 4/5 th place every season .. GL to both this season

Thanks

Look, I am a neutral Arsenal, Spurs fan. I just want to win my bets.

Watched both Spurs games this season and something is just not working.
    Swansea at home (who overachieved last season) and Crystal Palace away are hardly world beaters.
    2 goals, both from the penalty spot, is not inspiring.
    Take away these 2 goals, and Spurs really did'nt threaten to much, even though they kept the ball well.
    Too many new players all trying to click with each other, and impress the manager.
    Throw in losing your talisman (Bale), and it's to much, all at once.
    Spurs look solid in midfield and defense, but the sharp end of the stick is a little off.

Arsenal don't look bad. They played a reasonable Villa side and lost, but have scored bucket loads of goals in recent games,
    which helps the confidence. Girourd is finding his feet in the premier league, and he will have a good season.
    Will be a close game with 2 well matched teams.
    Normally that produces goals.

H2H last 7 have been over 2.5
    SPurs have been over 6 of their last 7 away
    Arsenal have been over 5 of last 7 at home

Over 2.5 at 1.74 betdaq or 1.72 32red
    Last edited by neilovan; 30-08-2013 at 10:06.

Thanks

this one is pretty simple to me as arsenal have too many injuries and spurs will come motivated to get ahead of them by three points early in the season. after the game wenger will panic buy new players just like last season. Tottenham win

Thanks

Spurs signed Chiriches, Lamela and Eriksen today. All are available for this game but I suspect they'll be on the bench at best.

Thanks

£200 Free Bet
    I've been umming and arrring about this match all week, and in conclusion I will go for the draw.

As far as the season goes, I see Spurs finishing above Arsenal. Spurs have invested heavily in their squad and AVB seems to moving them in the right direction. However, for this weekend, if I had to pick a winner I would pick Arsenal due to their apparent greater level of cohesiveness at the moment. I've no doubt Spurs will click in to gear soon enough but just believe Arsenal's first XI will be strong enough for now to fend off Spurs. Seeing as I don't have to pick a winner, I'll go for the draw as I can also see a case for a Spurs win. Maybe it should be a 'no bet' game but I want to get involved in the biggest of the weekend not involving my team.

I see Cazorla and Walcott being the difference here, and Giroud is in fine form. A score draw wouldn't surprise me at all so I'm thinking of the following.

Draw: 45/17 with 888sport
    Score 2-2: 14/1 with Betvictor (refund if losing bet and there's a red card in the match)
    Fall seven times, stand up eight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information