Your No.1 Betting & Poker Community 

Thanks
    Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Awards: 18

Default New Zealand vs England - Test Series

England's last action of the winter begins on Tuesday night UK time (Wednesday in NZ) when we take on New Zealand in a three match test series which is expected to be pretty one sided. All three matches are live on Sky for the insomniacs.

Schedule:

Wed Mar 6 - Sun Mar 10
    21:30 GMT
    (prev day) | 10:30 local
    21:30 GMT -1d
    1st Test - New Zealand v England
    University Oval, Dunedin
    10 - 16° C
    Thu Mar 14 - Mon Mar 18
    2nd Test - New Zealand v England
    Basin Reserve, Wellington
    N/A
    Fri Mar 22 - Tue Mar 26
    3rd Test - New Zealand v England
    Eden Park, Auckland
    N/A

Thanks

Default Re: New Zealand vs England - Test Series

First test Draw @3/1 paddypower.

Rain is forecast for 4/5 days of this test and if that's the case, there is a bit of value in the draw @3/1.
    hopefully England will bat first because this New Zealand team is capable of collapsing at any point.

Thanks

Series preview:

3pts England to win 3-0 5/2 Ladbrokes

A lot of this series will come down to how many runs the New Zealand batting line up can put up and while the emphasis is to attack in ODI cricket it was only really McCullum who looked comfortable against England’s attack throughout. He won’t keep New Zealand in this series on his own and with Guptill ruled out the likes of Ross Taylor and Kane Williamson will really need to step up and the likes of Dean Brownlie and BJ Watling offer good support. This is a classy England bowling attack though and I like them too much to give the Kiwis a sniff here. Barring bad weather I think England’s attack can take the wickets to ensure they win this 3-0.

Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zea...-in-the-series

Thanks

Top England bat preview:

3pts A.Cook Top England Series Batsman 5/2 Ladbrokes

In all honesty picking between Alastair Cook and Jonathan Trott is no easy decision because both have shown good form on this tour so far but I’m swayed towards Cook who has been a run machine for a while now. He leads by example and gets big scores when he is in. By opening the innings he is certain to bat in every innings England has and at 5/2 even though the price looks cramped he looks the likeliest winner.

Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zea...in-new-zealand

Thanks

Top NZ series batsman preview:

1pt BJ Watling Top New Zealand Series Batsman 12/1 Stan James

BJ Watling had a horrible time of it in the ODI’s but opening the batting isn’t his gig. He’ll be much more settled down at number seven and I think he’ll go well from there too. He has already filled his boots in the warm up game for this series and by batting down the order he’ll avoid any potential carnage that could ensue with the new ball. This isn’t a New Zealand batting line up with a Cook or a Clarke in it so Watling at double figures should give us a good run for our money.

Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zea...down-the-order

Thanks

How likely is a rain out? I bet big that the match would not be drawn and if it is rained out, they count it as a draw.

Thanks

1st test preview:

4pts J.Anderson's Performance Pts - 121&Over 5/6 Bet365

Generally wickets on this ground fall to the seamers and the breeze there is often assists the swing bowlers so I expect Jimmy Anderson to go well in this match. He has a performance target of 121pts but with 20pts for a wicket and 10 for a catch that is easily accessible. He is likely to get a few runs down the order to mean that a combination of five wickets and two catches or six wickets will be enough to bring this in and with his bowling as good as it is and him fielding around the bat most of the time there’s every chance he’ll cover this line.

Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zea...ons-in-dunedin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblebuttluv View Post
    How likely is a rain out? I bet big that the match would not be drawn and if it is rained out, they count it as a draw.
    to PL. I'm open to be proved wrong but I've seen nothing to suggest any rain.

Thanks

Series bets:

Kane Williamson top NZ batsman in series 4.33 BetVictor
    Ian Bell top England batsman in series. 6.00 BetVictor
    Jimmy Anderson top England bowler in series 3.00 BetVictor
    England to win series 3-0 3.00 BetVictor
    I'm lumping these together as they are all linked. This is a series that England will almost certainly dominate. generally NZ is still in some disarray; and they have big misses in Guptil, Mclenaghan and possibly Bracewell. Bell and Anderson have both been in good form and I expect them to take it into these three matches. I think the NZ batting will struggle - I was tempted by Watling, but have plumped for Wllliamson as I think he'll hold firm during collapses.

good Lucy everyone, should be a good series. I'll come back with a couple for 1st test
    later

Thanks

Hi Guys,
    Should be good this one. Just a quick post, noticed that bet365 are 7/1 on 'century in the match - NO' for the 1st test.

In 4 previous Tests on this ground I believe there have been 3 individual tons - all by SA last March in their 2nd innings. Plenty of capable batsmen on show but if the new ball nibbles around a bit then who knows. Other firms as short as 2/1, I have had a point for sport.

Fezzik, I am also on Jimmy for most England wickets. Should be fit, rested and ready to go and hopefully he will find the conditions to his liking. Also hoping he gets some joy with the new nut against relatively weak NZ top order, meaning no disrespect.

Also Ross Taylor top NZ bat at 3/1. Ton in ODIs suggest he might be finding some touch, and undoubtedly has a point to prove. To Kev's fair point, he will be more exposed to the new ball than someone like Watling, which counts against him but i think he is probably the most accomplished batsmen NZ have so will give him a go.

Best of luck all.

Thanks

1st Test

Nick Compton 1st innings run - under 24.5. 1.83 Ladbrokes

Just one for me for the first test - Compton is under pressure and hasn't settled yet. If England bat first I can see him desperate to build an innings and losing track of scoring. If batting 2nd I think he'll feel less pressure and could play more rashly. Not sure any of that really makes sense but I just feel he's unsettled and frustration will lead to a low score.

lets hope for an entertaining game!

Thanks

So I decided to hedge out of my bet of "There will be no draw in the test match" since a rain-out is ruled a draw. How often is a test match rained-out and usually how many inches of rain does it take for a test match to be rained out? I am going to try this no draw bet in the future and I am worried about a rain-out. When I was reading about cricket and rain on the internet it made it seem like even the smallest amount of rain will cause a match to be rained out. I would appreciate any help answering my above question.

Thanks

Don't really want to go off topic too much as this is the tips thread.
    You said in your previous post that you went big thatthere would be no draw, yet you seem very unfamiliar with cricket betting. To be honest mate, I don't think you should be betting on cricket till you familiarise yourself with a market.

Thanks

I usually just bet cricket matches in Australia's big bash league and had a lot of success there and I only bet one test match before and it was SA's last test match. I feel I can handicap cricket well, I have just only bet on one test match before I bet on this one.

Thanks

A correction to above post and an apology, was in receipt of some bad intel regarding that 'no ton' bet. Seems like there have been more centuries at the University Oval than I had thought, and the only factor in that punt's favour now seems to be the weather. I didn't bother to check really as was only going a point on it, but sorry for posting up duff stats.

Anyway, hopefully we get to see some cricket tonight

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fezzik View Post
    1st Test

Nick Compton 1st innings run - under 24.5. 1.83 Ladbrokes

Just one for me for the first test - Compton is under pressure and hasn't settled yet. If England bat first I can see him desperate to build an innings and losing track of scoring. If batting 2nd I think he'll feel less pressure and could play more rashly. Not sure any of that really makes sense but I just feel he's unsettled and frustration will lead to a low score.

lets hope for an entertaining game!
    Makes perfect sense, well done. I'm sure he will be disappointed and it will only intensify the pressure he feels next innings.

Thanks

I stand to win £188 if New Zealand win this. Would I be sensible to cover the draw option at this point? One more day or even half a day of rain would almost guarantee the draw and even if they get a full further 3 days of play in, the draw must be a real possibility. Does anyone know the weather forecast for the next 3 days of play? Also, how long/to what score are New Zealand likely to bat before declaring and letting England bat?

Thanks for your help, I'm not much of a cricket fan (yet!)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marshland View Post
    bet365 are 7/1 on 'century in the match - NO' for the 1st test...

...Fezzik, I am also on Jimmy for most England wickets. Should be fit, rested and ready to go and hopefully he will find the conditions to his liking. Also hoping he gets some joy with the new nut against relatively weak NZ top order, meaning no disrespect.
    I feel I should retract that remark after that superb knock from Rutherford. Worthy of losing any bet to, particularly one as ill-conceived as that ton punt.

This match is really interestingly poised now. Wonder if we might see some fireworks from BBMac, potentially will want to get some runs up quickly and then try and push for the win.

Thanks

Good shout Fezzik .

2nd Test preview:

4pts England to win 2nd Test 8/11 Bet365

England were outplayed for a couple of days in Dunedin but such is their quality that they never looked like losing the game even when they started their second innings 300 behind almost. I expect them to come on for the run both with the bat but with the ball too. Although New Zealand started their innings well in Dunedin and finished it with a flurry there was enough in the middle to encourage England and they can take the lead in the series here.

Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zea...-in-wellington

Thanks

£7 on an England win, can't see us not winning this one!

Thanks

3rd Test preview. No rain for this match .

4pts J.Trott's Performance Pts - 86&Over 5/6 Bet365

The wicket here is often good for batting and one man who can take advantage of that is Jonathan Trott. His performance line in this match is 86pts (1pt per run, 10 per catch and 20 per wicket). That is a total he’s covered in both tests so far and with him in good form with the bat and fielding in the slips these days he has two genuine scoring methods. He might well get a few overs to bowl too where bonus points could come along so this is a line well within his reach.

Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zea...-park-20130321

Thanks

£50 Free Bet
    2 more for this test along with Trott's performance....

4pts New Zealand (+94.5 runs) 1st Inns Lead 10/11 Sportingbet

With Kevin Pietersen out of this match and England's tail not really offering much apart from Steven Finn, I think England's batting looks a little bit fragile once New Zealand get through the top four. New Zealand will strengthen their batting with Doug Bracewell coming back and he'll strengthen their bowling too. Even then New Zealand have been having Bruce Martin down at 9 with first class centuries to his name. England have a few concerns over their bowlers with Jimmy Anderson not looking 100% fit and Steven Finn bowling a bit too short. Chris Woakes could come into the England side which might help them but this looks a big handicap on what will essentially be a good wicket to bat on. England were all over New Zealand in Wellington but the way New Zealand responded in their second innings shows they have a bit of confidence with the bat and I'll take them to stay within 94 of England in this match.

2pts S.Broad Top England Bowler (1st Inns Only) 11/4 Paddy Power

Stuart Broad has been the pick of England's bowlers so far in this series and there's no reason why he won't be the pick here. Of all the bowlers Broad has found the right length the quickest and if the wicket is doing nothing he's got a good bumper which can bring him wickets. With concerns over just how fit Jimmy Anderson is and with Steven Finn bowling shorter than most would like and trying new run ups and things I think that gives Broad every chance here. Broad is a rhythm bowler. It can take him a while to get into a rhythm in a series or a tour but once he has it he keeps it. He has it on this tour and 11/4 is a perfectly fair price on him to take the most New Zealand first innings wickets.

Thread Information