Your No.1 Betting & Poker Community 

Thanks
    Awards: 13

Default Would You Fold Quads? Mikhail Smirnov Mucks Quads In $1 Million Event

Phil Galfond just witnessed the unthinkable.

“I’ve never seen a fold like that, absolutely not,” the cash game pro said.

At around 5 p.m. local time during the fourth blind level, Galfond was present to see his table mate in the $1 million buy-in WSOP event, Russian semi-pro Mikhail Smirnov, fold quads on the river to an all-in bet. According to Smirnov, the action started with Tom Dwan -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks
    Awards: 5

Default Re: Would You Fold Quads? Mikhail Smirnov Mucks Quads In $1 Million Event

Wow.

Would I ever fold Quads. Nah im not that good. -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks
    Awards: 6

Default Re: Would You Fold Quads? Mikhail Smirnov Mucks Quads In $1 Million Event

IMO

I think he must have had the sraight flush with the 10 9 spades.

If your opponant folds showing quads, regardless of what you have if your behind you would show it and crush him mentally, the -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks

Stunning laydown, and perhaps the lack of knowing for certain, either way, will play on his mind for longer. Smirnov didn't make the money or the Final Table - can Sam take it

-- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks

Does the Rio have a badbeatjackpot? -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks

I have to confess I wouldn't even know whether quads or a straight flush were the stronger hand Am I the only one? Afterall, its not exactly a match up we need to consider very often! -- To see the rest of this message, please register. --

Thanks
    Awards: 13

Quote Originally Posted by GaF I have to confess I wouldn't even know whether quads or a straight flush were the stronger hand Am I the only one? Afterall,

Thanks

Serioulsy, no fcking way im folding? I dont care what the buy in is, or even what your gut feeling is, and i am glad he did not make the money, its poker! If your gonna lay down quads then risk your

Thanks

Highest Odds at Marathonbet
    "The size of the buy-in was not a factor in the decision, Smirnov said. He added that Morgan seemed visibly upset after the hand, giving more validity to the fold"

He had a flush, i would pretend

Thread Information